Live/Semi-Live review Explorer of the Seas May 20, 2016

Colorado, The temp is around 50 right now and it is very windy. Not sure if it's Flowrider appropriate. I brought a wet suit too, but I'm not sure if I want to go out there. LOL

Anyone wants one of those roast beef sandwich? They look yummy. :D

27125931266_0198cda6f3_b.jpgIMG_2251 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

Here are some pics of the ice show. It is always good as expected. :)

27125930006_0db855723b_b.jpgIMG_2252 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

27125926476_09d2423db5_b.jpgIMG_2254 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

27064007172_4f4d77e417_b.jpgIMG_2253 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

That's my daughter on the sled in the ice show! They plucked her out of the front row!

Totally made her day! Everyone now comes up to her and asks if she was in the ice show!!

Nice! I'm sure this will be a memorable cruise for her. :D

This is so exciting to read because I just saw on Facebook the other day that someone I know from another cruise years ago is on this same sailing! So fun to be able to "follow along!" Have a wonderful cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! This is so generous of you!

Much appreciated.

We have planned a sailaway get-together after the muster drill in the Viking Crown Lounge. Will we miss the Parade? In your opinion, should we relocate to the Promenade so as to enjoy the Parade?

Thanks again,

Beth

It looks wonderful! We have booked our very first cruise for January 2017 and it is on Explorer. We are so excited.

Is it true that there is a Kate Spade handbag shop on the ship??

I don't see a Kate Spade handbag shop, but I can check again.

Thanks! This is so generous of you!

Much appreciated.

We have planned a sailaway get-together after the muster drill in the Viking Crown Lounge. Will we miss the Parade? In your opinion, should we relocate to the Promenade so as to enjoy the Parade?

Thanks again,

Beth

Beth, if I remember correctly, the parade starts at 5:15PM and the sail away starts after 4PM. You will have an hour or so to get from the Viking's Lounge to the Royal Promenade.

Thanks for keeping us up-to-date on all the happenings, Kinny! I have another question. I'm really into astronomy. How dark does the sky get at night? Can you see the stars well or are they all washed out from the lights of the ship? Do they have any naturists on board that give presentations about everything you're seeing on the cruise? Thanks!

Thanks for keeping us up-to-date on all the happenings, Kinny! I have another question. I'm really into astronomy. How dark does the sky get at night? Can you see the stars well or are they all washed out from the lights of the ship? Do they have any naturists on board that give presentations about everything you're seeing on the cruise? Thanks!

Hello, I think the access point near my room has failed, so I can't connect until I got to Juneau. Anyway. You may get light pollution by your balcony because your neighbors might have their lights on. The best place to gaze at stars IMO is at the bow of the ship. There are no light pollution to speak of because the bridge needs complete darkness to operate at night and it also depends on cloud coverage as well. On this voyage, there were cloud covers so we can't see much. On my Navigator of the Seas cruise, we sat at the bow gazing at the stars on a clear calm night. Its quite intoxicating. [emoji3]

And no naturalist talking about each port unless you are thinking natural as in diamonds and nature tours. LOL

Edited by Kinny

Thanks for posting all of this.

Did they happen to have souffle for dessert on formal night?

I have not encountered souffle but let me check and post picks when I see it.