Live/Semi-Live review Explorer of the Seas May 20, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post. Will be getting on Explorer when you are getting off 5/27. A few ???'s. When are formal nights, presuming day 2 and 6? If you get a chance can you see if the lounge on deck 9 aft is a Suite Lounge or is still the Concierge Lounge? Is there a shuttle to Empress Hotel in Victoria? How are the seas - calm - rough? Weather? Enjoy your cruise and again thank you.

Tomorrow is formal night, but I can't tell you which is the second formal night. The lounge on deck 9 aft is still the Concierge Lounge. Exhibit A: :D

26538906703_abaac54c41_b.jpgIMG_2243 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

Since I'm staying at the aft of the ship (pretty much the very rear interior room on deck 6), I am feeling quite a bit of movements. Maybe it's just me, but I'm just going to let it rock me to sleep. :D

Pic of my room using my wide angle lens.

27048116622_aab984cd44_b.jpgIMG_2245c by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

I am not sure about shuttle to Empress Hotel in Victoria. Sorry.

Edited by Kinny

Getting the party started.

27073990011_3cdc226149_b.jpgIMG_2230 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

27047545862_f2c650f065_b.jpgIMG_2233 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

26538398583_30b5d5f6ec_b.jpgIMG_2234 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

Interesting tidbit here. Sabor is available at Giovonni's I love Sabor from Navigator OTS, but my parents does not like Mexican food, so I will have to pass. :(

26538392313_7682e2f4d6_b.jpgIMG_2240 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

They are making fresh waffle cones. :D

Kinny,

Two things...

First, thank you for your review. You are doing a great job. Second, since the rolls have pumpkin seeds, it makes them healthy, right? LOL :D Those are my favorite rolls!

Thanks for your replies. From your pictures doesn't look cold, people are wearing short sleeve shirts. We have an aft balcony on 9. Do you think your feeling movement more because it's the aft?

Here's what we'd like to know. On the non-formal nights, what are people wearing to dinner? RCI says "Smart Casual" on what used to be considered semi-formal nights. We'd like to know what the usual dress is for those nights. Also, how casual are people dressing for dinner the other nights.

We're still deciding what to pack for dinner wear now that we live in a world of reduced baggage sizes and escalating baggage fees on the airlines. Trying to keep the bags to a minimum!

Here's what we'd like to know. On the non-formal nights, what are people wearing to dinner? RCI says "Smart Casual" on what used to be considered semi-formal nights. We'd like to know what the usual dress is for those nights. Also, how casual are people dressing for dinner the other nights.

We're still deciding what to pack for dinner wear now that we live in a world of reduced baggage sizes and escalating baggage fees on the airlines. Trying to keep the bags to a minimum!

We see no difference in dress between casual and smart casual nights.

Good morning everyone. It is now 9:32AM on board Explorer of the Seas. Just came back from exercising and a slow breakfast. It took the main dining room over an hour to serve my French toast. Luckily I had some great table mates that kept things lively. :D

Here is Day 2 Compass. Enjoy. :)

27057502862_cf7841abfa_b.jpgIMG_2213c by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

27084246621_03231658cd_b.jpgIMG_2214c by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

27057502862_cf7841abfa_b.jpgIMG_2213c by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

27084231001_cedc0f5d74_b.jpgIMG_2216c by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

Thanks for your replies. From your pictures doesn't look cold, people are wearing short sleeve shirts. We have an aft balcony on 9. Do you think your feeling movement more because it's the aft?

It's actually chilly, but I'm from Texas, so anything below 50 is cold to me. :D

And yes, being in the aft of the ship really amplifies the motion of the ship (so to speak). Just be on the safe side and book midship. :)

T-shirts and jeans? I think as long as you don't show up like a bum, you should be fine. ;)

It's actually chilly, but I'm from Texas, so anything below 50 is cold to me. :D

And yes, being in the aft of the ship really amplifies the motion of the ship (so to speak). Just be on the safe side and book midship. :)

Thank you, but too late, I booked an aft balcony when reservations opened. Will take some Bonine.

Good morning everyone. It is now 9:32AM on board Explorer of the Seas. Just came back from exercising and a slow breakfast. It took the main dining room over an hour to serve my French toast. Luckily I had some great table mates that kept things lively. :D

Now remember, your task this week is to wring out all the issues like 1-hour French toast prior to next Friday. [emoji6]

In all seriousness, thank you for taking the time to post and the copies of the cruise compasses. It's making it all real.

Have a wonderful cruise!

"

Interesting tidbit here. Sabor is available at Giovonni's I love Sabor from Navigator OTS, but my parents does not like Mexican food, so I will have to pass. :("

How does the Sabor work I've never seen them add it to a restaurant like that. Is it only for lunch? Can you get a picture of the menu. Thanks!

"

Interesting tidbit here. Sabor is available at Giovonni's I love Sabor from Navigator OTS, but my parents does not like Mexican food, so I will have to pass. :("

How does the Sabor work I've never seen them add it to a restaurant like that. Is it only for lunch? Can you get a picture of the menu. Thanks!

Yes, I think Sabor is only for lunch. I will see if I can locate the menu. :)

Now remember, your task this week is to wring out all the issues like 1-hour French toast prior to next Friday. [emoji6]

In all seriousness, thank you for taking the time to post and the copies of the cruise compasses. It's making it all real.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Thanks! Serving speed for lunch has actually improved. We went to the MDR after our meet and mingle and slot pull. I actually won something and I never win anything in a cruise. :D

27156498385_3aaefd3d66_b.jpgIMG_2248 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

And thanks to Speshl, she was able to organize a slot pull and get a group pic together. We made so much noise, we drove the guy across from us out. Or maybe he's losing. :D

27061334932_ab21d3ca4b_b.jpgIMG_2249 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

Well, I'm off trying to catch the ice show. Be back later. :)

Thank you so much for posting this thread. We will be in a hump JS on Jun 24th. My husband is an avid flowrideraholic. He insists that I book most cruises with a flowrider. If you happen to be outside and it's open can you please let me know if lots of people are participating in it or if it is to cold. He plans on bringing his wetsuit. Thank you!

Colorado - we will be on the cruise with you!! just look for the loud, fun crowd!!

I also figure we have a month for it to warm up!! We want to try the flowrider also! hoping at least when near Seattle it will be warm enough. Saw a forecast this morning and it said they predict Northwest to have a well above average temperature summer!!

Edited by lhm0204