Live/Semi-Live review Explorer of the Seas May 20, 2016

Day 6 is pretty much a relax day for everyone. It's sunny out and the sea is relatively calm. Of course Royal sales is in full force. ;)

27157740862_54acaed2fc_b.jpgIMG_2464 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

Given this is an Alaskan cruise, they held the Sexiest Man Competition at the Royal Promenade instead of the pool deck.

26648134254_e6facc434f_b.jpgIMG_2466 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

Tonight's dinner and desert menu. The menu is definitely different than what I'm used to for the past two years.

26648176174_d8193d1ba4_b.jpgIMG_2469 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

27254869885_c281586033_b.jpgIMG_2472 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

For starters, I had the Boddingtons Beer Battered Cod Fingers. Not bad.

27185323391_d294214343_b.jpgIMG_2470 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

For my main, I had the Beef Wellington. It has an interesting texture.

27185321101_617b84ca69_b.jpgIMG_2471 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

For desert, I had the Banana and Blueberry Cake, and Brownie ala mode :D

27185313541_e1690716b0_b.jpgIMG_2473 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

26649435783_e7ed3ef15e_b.jpgIMG_2474 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

Day 6 is pretty much a relax day for everyone. It's sunny out and the sea is relatively calm. Of course Royal sales is in full force.

27157740862_54acaed2fc_b.jpgIMG_2464 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

Given this is an Alaskan cruise, they held the Sexiest Man Competition at the Royal Promenade instead of the pool deck.

26648134254_e6facc434f_b.jpgIMG_2466 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

Tonight's dinner and desert menu. The menu is definitely different than what I'm used to for the past two years.

26648176174_d8193d1ba4_b.jpgIMG_2469 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

27254869885_c281586033_b.jpgIMG_2472 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

Thank you for posting this menu and also the disembarkation schedule. You have been a wealth of information, and I will definitely take advantage of it! That was a new menu, I've never seen it before. Happy to see a new one! :D

I leave for Seattle (and Explorer) later this morning. :)

Edited by travelgoddess1

where is the number on the luggage tag? is it the same luggage tag you board with?? all i see on mine is a big 3. but above it says 3 is diamond plus/diamond. i am not even gold (never sailed RCL). i am thinking that 3 is the floor I am on (room is on floor 3), but I do not see another number

also, i have never seen Shrimp Cocktail on the menu (my favorite!). Having looked at menus from other sailings, it seemed like that was on the menu as an appetizer almost every day. wonder why it is not on this sailing??

You will be given new tags on day 6 in the evening by your room attendant. I have not seen shrimp cocktail on the menu, but I have read elsewhere that if you ask nicely, they can make happen. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

also, i have never seen Shrimp Cocktail on the menu (my favorite!). Having looked at menus from other sailings, it seemed like that was on the menu as an appetizer almost every day. wonder why it is not on this sailing??

Don't look for it on Med cruises, nor the lobster tail on formal night.:cool:

where is the number on the luggage tag? is it the same luggage tag you board with?? all i see on mine is a big 3. but above it says 3 is diamond plus/diamond. i am not even gold (never sailed RCL). i am thinking that 3 is the floor I am on (room is on floor 3), but I do not see another number

Those luggage tags are for disembarkation only and are put in your cabin the last day of the cruise (sometimes sooner). The numbers either correspond to your departure plans or your Crown & Anchor status. The only information on the tag is the number for disembarking.

I noticed that on each MDR menu there is a statement that escargot may not be available "due to a worldwide shortage". We were on Liberty in March and instead of escargot bourguignonne there was the same dish made with scallops. Round dish with little slots in it, garlic butter, breadcrumbs, and all. I went nuts over it, and our waiter (the best we've ever had and not just because of this :)) brought it to our table every night. Do you know if there are indeed snails on the menu, or if they are substituting the tiny scallops?

We sail on her in September, and I could go the whole 3-1/2 months wait time with a smile on my face if so.

Thanks, Pat

Just in case it isn't said later, I want to thank you for posting all the photos and information so far. It is not only appreciated but it heightens the anticipation for our upcoming cruises. :)

I noticed that on each MDR menu there is a statement that escargot may not be available "due to a worldwide shortage". We were on Liberty in March and instead of escargot bourguignonne there was the same dish made with scallops. Round dish with little slots in it, garlic butter, breadcrumbs, and all. I went nuts over it, and our waiter (the best we've ever had and not just because of this :)) brought it to our table every night. Do you know if there are indeed snails on the menu, or if they are substituting the tiny scallops?

We sail on her in September, and I could go the whole 3-1/2 months wait time with a smile on my face if so.

Thanks, Pat

I have not ordered escargot this sailing and we will be Chops tonight. Sorry.

Hello,

Giovanni's is available for lunch in certain days, but I am not certain if they are doing them at the same time with Sabor. Its either one or the other on the compass.

Thank You! Great that we can dine at both of them for lunch. They are our 2 most favorite specialty restaurants.

Judy

Do they offer Luggage Valet?

We're on a tour of Seattle then airport. Have you heard anything about TSA lines at the airport? Think we're on an early departure?

Best photos ever!:)

On the west coast departure boards there was a rumor that the last Celebrity cruise out of pier 91 did not have luggage valet, and the rumor was they were looking for a new contract or contractor?

Edited by DiamondSuiteCruiser

I am glad everyone liked the photos and comments. I will be on Harmony of the Seas during Christmas and will try to do the same. [emoji3]. I will try to post day 7 shortly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today, none of the early whale watch excursions on any operator saw whales. We did an independently booked tour and our captain and the naturalist said all the operators were having trouble finding them.

Bob, I know the RCI website says that luggage valet is available in Seattle (and goodness knows, the website is never wrong), but I am being told that there is some sort of contract dispute and so it is not being offered at present. :(

(See below, I'm not the only one who has heard this.) :rolleyes:

On the west coast departure boards there was a rumor that the last Celebrity cruise out of pier 91 did not have luggage valet, and the rumor was they were looking for a new contract or contractor?
Edited by travelgoddess1