Visiting Millie and Like Her! Live From M...

Lastdance

ImageUploadedByForums1463888568.913063.jpg.372d7cb9e5799478ff0d24feba23aabe.jpg

Dinner, for Evening Chic in the MDR was very good. They also had a speciality free drink... People dressed a little more on the casual side, with a few who really strutted their stuff. Yes, I did see some nice jeans with dress shirts.

We are back in Concierge Class again. Love the S1 on the S class ships, but Millie doesn't have that location. Also, my sciatica needed a shorter walk!

Edited by Lastdance

When one goes North out of Seward on the train, what is the best side of the train to be on? The left or West side, or the East.

Thanks, going there in July

I would say the right(east) side of the train, in the front is best, but the odds of that are against you; we just lucked out...having said that, personally, the closer to the front, so you can get up and see better. The train is very relaxing, with electrical plugs for whatever you need. Breakfast is excellent, especially the birch syrup.

We went from Anchorage on the train.

My DH just said that the left(west) side would be the best, in his personal opinion, if you are going straight from Seward traveling to Talkeetna. Our car on the train wasn't full, so movement was easy. Hope that helps!ImageUploadedByForums1463891950.653096.jpg.521ffdf932fa07a04ba400be589abcd3.jpg

Edited by Lastdance

[ATTACH]385938[/ATTACH] We boarded Millie yesterday afternoon in Seward; the photo is from our balcony. My DH and I just finished a three day tour, entering into Denali Park. I have only traveled on S class ships, but she looks great. New paint, very clean cabin, and a crew who seems genuinely caring and friendly. I will post additional photos. The internet package, so far, is great, but I was told there will be an area today that will not be so efficient.

Have a fantastic cruise.....:):):)

Bob

what time did they do the muster drill? We have dinner reservations at 6 in MDR. wondering how that would work if we are still eating.

They did the muster drill around 7:35. People started dinner at 5:30 in the MDR.

ImageUploadedByForums1463933186.957604.jpg.9eb3f660f1890c65309fb7322eff3f38.jpg

We are getting close to Juneau. The sun actually came out early this morning!

It is funny to watch the reaction of some passengers on the ship not want to step in the floor port hole....not me.

ImageUploadedByForums1463933666.176380.jpg.0dc16952086b9016aeef36e882e23a5f.jpg

As for food, especially in the OVC, the quality and variety is not the same as S class ships or it may have changed fleet-wide. Someone who has cruised both classes needs to comment, as I can only compare 2016 with 2017 and different classes. Of ships.The bread pudding is not great, nor are the desserts. The variety is lacking ...no taco bar etc the staff is still fantastic, with our cain attendant being perfect!!!.

Below is the tram in Juneau:

ImageUploadedByForums1463954409.668971.jpg.6ef069839e0aa9b9a853f9e6119c049f.jpg

Price is $33 pp:. and you can ride all day[emoji779]️

Edited by Lastdance

Thank you for the good information and pictures you are sharing. Love knowing more for our land tour & cruise in late July.

When did you receive information about your land tour? Were you able to book the optionals you wanted to do without a problem? Any other information that you feel will be helpful will be greatly appreciated.

Have a fantastic cruise and thanks again for sharing.

Thank you for the good information and pictures you are sharing. Love knowing more for our land tour & cruise in late July.

When did you receive information about your land tour? Were you able to book the optionals you wanted to do without a problem? Any other information that you feel will be helpful will be greatly appreciated.

Have a fantastic cruise and thanks again for sharing.

Our land cruise was only 3 days, so no one on our 3 day tour did any optional activities; we were all too tired! It is a lot of traveling. Our luggage was supposed to be on the ship waiting for us, but we didn't get it until after dinner. So, no shower before eating, but that was the issue with all the different tours. Personally, i like getting on the ship around 11:00 AM. Everyone on out tour was ready!!!

We received our information, nothing specific, a few weeks before the tour. These tours have flexibility built within their schedules because they have to do this. You are at the mercy of these various venders. For example, we were supposed to go into the park between 6:00 and 8:00 AM; however, we left on the refitted school bus at 5:40 AM. These are a few of the only vehicles that are permitted in DNP. You don't receive, at least I didn"t, any real specific details until you begin the tour.

None of the hotels have air conditioning. It is the same everywhere. However, all of our hotels were just fine. The weather varies more now than it used to. May used to be the driest month...

Edited by Lastdance

ImageUploadedByForums1464038248.569248.jpg.5f16fc90d8a6bdb4e19e276fe3898e24.jpg

Skagway was cloudy. We took a van up to the train and took the train back with Chilkroot; very nice trip. Only a few hours and they were very organized and punctual.

Lunch at the ship was lacking in quantity and especially quality...I hope the S class ships are not following this protocol.

Which nights are evening chic and which night is the top chef menu as we are looking to book Tuscan grille one night?

On our 7 day cruise, evening chick was the night 2 and night 6. All of our menus had top chef entrees, but I will ask about your specific question.

I have been eating small bites for dinner...main entree'. ImageUploadedByForums1464191830.936737.jpg.c51f540907d3466cb5e909b57e993fc8.jpg

Edited by Lastdance