Kids in connecting balcony

Tcas1

We booked two balcony cabins, one for myself, DH and DS. We booked the four girls travelling with us in the connecting cabin since NCL allows them to be in a cabin by themselves as long as it's connecting or directly next door.

I have read that you need to contact guest services to get them to give you a release in order to sign the contract and print the boarding documents. I'm having trouble with this. The first time the rep contacted a supervisor who supposedly attached an "authorization" so we could print the documents. The second time I got an email stating I had to wait until 60 days out. I called again regarding this and got another email stating that the Edocs were ready and to complete checkin for that cabin. I tried, can't do it.

Does anyone who has actually been in this situation know exactly how this is handled by NCL? I'm going to call them back again, but this time I want to know what needs to be done. The reps don't always know what to do. The last one tried to tell me I had to wait until I got to the pier.

I don't want to wait until the last minute. Too much stress.

Yes, but because they're all minors it has to be done differently. It won't let me sign the contract. When I call NCL they do know the two rooms were booked together, but online, no so much.

We signed the forms for our kids at the pier at check-in last year. We sailed the Breakaway and had rooms right next door (not connecting) for our kids (18 & 15 at the tine)

We did this and at 60 days out we called reservations and told them that we were 60 days out now and could they please have the docs sent to us? (this is what we were told to do when we booked)

They then told us to email Documentation-NCL@ncl.com and in subject line have minors and reservation number/parents and reservation number

and then in body of email say: I am parent to (put all names and ages) and reservation number. My reservation number is x

Can you please send me edocs? They then acknowledged and sent me edocs.

It went very smoothly. It is really best way to do it. For luggage tags (you won't be able to access) just print out more of your own and use them for your kids' luggage. For dinner reservations, you can book for total number under your cabin even though they are not all in your cabin. For excursions, you will have to call.

HTH.

I don't understand, since you did the booking you should be able to access both cabins to print out the documents. Have you tried going to MyNCL and putting in their cruise information?

You are wrong, an under 18 cannot legally sign a contract. OP you just email Documentation-NCL@ncl.com with the reservation number and names and they will send you a form to fill out and email back to them.

Thank you so much. I was hoping to find a way to contact the documents department myself. The regular reps, while they have tried to be helpful, haven't helped. I will try that.

No problem with printing more luggage tags, that was plan B anyway.

I have already made all of our reservations. It's the checkin I've been having problems with.

Wish me luck. I just sent the email.

Edited by Tcas1

Had this EXACT situation on the Getaway.

I emailed the documentation dept (email above) and while it did take several days, they eventually sent me an email yesterday asking me to accept the terms and conditions on their behalf. I emailed them back accepting and this morning they emailed me the cruise docs directly for the kids' cabin. They didn't send me luggage tags and told me that we should pick them up at the pier, but I just used the luggage tags for the adults' room, so no biggie.

I did go back and check the kids' reservation online and it still doesn't show that check-in is complete or allow me to download the cruise docs from there, but I'm not worried. I printed what they sent me and I believe we should be fine.