Home from the Jewel to Alaska

ctbrown24

Welcome home! I am in a 2 bed suite in 61 days. Do you happen to have pics of the suite menus? Have they changed like on other ships? Also, any idea who the concierge is in July? Thank you

Hi! We are leaving on the Jewel one month from tomorrow...YAY!!!! I have a few questions for you...

Was the dinner attire pretty casual? We are hoping to get by with some nice jeans and tops (polos, button down shirts, etc) for dinner versus dresses for me and slacks for my husband. We're traveling from Florida and I am terrified of over packing!

Were there any places to do laundry on the boat? We are in Seattle a few days prior to the cruise, so I didn't know if I should do a quick load before boarding the boat! :)

Did you or anyone you spoke with do the Tracey Arm Explorer tour?

THANK YOU in advance!!!

Hi! We are leaving on the Jewel one month from tomorrow...YAY!!!! I have a few questions for you...

Was the dinner attire pretty casual? We are hoping to get by with some nice jeans and tops (polos, button down shirts, etc) for dinner versus dresses for me and slacks for my husband. We're traveling from Florida and I am terrified of over packing!

Were there any places to do laundry on the boat? We are in Seattle a few days prior to the cruise, so I didn't know if I should do a quick load before boarding the boat! :)

THANK YOU in advance!!!

There's no self-service laundry on any NCL ship. And you absolutely don't need a dress for ANYTHING on an NCL ship, especially in Alaska. Your planned wardrobe is perfect for NCL.

Have a great cruise!

THANK YOU in advance!!!

Except for La Bristro, and one of the main dining rooms, dinner attire is casual. Slacks and nice blouse or shirt would work for La Bristro.

There is a Bag Laundry special each week- fill the bag for one price. Non of the Norwegian ships have self service laundry.

I hope you have a wonderful time in Seattle and on The Jewel. If you have the time in Seattle, go up to the top of the Space Needle. It was built for the 1962 Worlds' Fair. Views are amazing.

Is there a small freezer section in the cabin refrigerator?

A week from Saturday we will be on board!

No. And these really are not refrigerators, they are mini-bars, so not all that cold. But they will work fine for keeping bottles of water and cans of soda cold.

Enjoy your cruise!

THANK YOU in advance!!!

Jen, we are in the same boat right now - from Florida - and will be on the same boat in a month! :) I'm a little south of you, in Palm Harbor. Howdy neighbor!

Any questions out there?

We stayed in an H3 Owner's Suite on Deck 9. Will post a review later this week. :cool:

Hello!

I am intrigued by the White Hot Party. Did you attend? Do you recall which night it occurred?

Did you use the iConcierge app? If so, how did you use it? Did you use it for onboard communications or just account review, reservations, virtual freestyle daily, and etc.? Did it work well for you?

If you dined at Moderno, how was that experience?

That's all for now... ;)

Thanks,

Sunshine B.

Jen, we are in the same boat right now - from Florida - and will be on the same boat in a month! :) I'm a little south of you, in Palm Harbor. Howdy neighbor!

Hey neighbor! I'm so jealous that you're in AK! I hope that you are having a fabulous time and having amazing weather! Are you going to be on the June 25th sailing as well? We are trying to figure out what to do in Skagway...I think we may rent a car and drive to Emerald Lake? We did the train a few years ago and want to do something different! :)

No. And these really are not refrigerators, they are mini-bars, so not all that cold. But they will work fine for keeping bottles of water and cans of soda cold.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks. I didn't think they did but I wanted to refresh my memory.

I will certainly enjoy my cruise.... I fly out a week from Friday!

Hey neighbor! I'm so jealous that you're in AK! I hope that you are having a fabulous time and having amazing weather! Are you going to be on the June 25th sailing as well? We are trying to figure out what to do in Skagway...I think we may rent a car and drive to Emerald Lake? We did the train a few years ago and want to do something different! :)

No, I meant we are in the same boat (place) right now -- because I'm in FL too -- and we'll be in the same boat on the 25th, when we board the Jewel! We're doing the Klondike Family Experience and the Glacier Discovery by Helicopter in Skagway. The Klondike thing looks a bit cheesy, but I want to see the pups. We're going to be cutting it close on time - I think the Klondike thing gets back in at 2:30 and the helicopter is at 3:00.

I'm definitely a Florida girl these days - I'm worried that I'll freeze my butt off up there!

No, I meant we are in the same boat (place) right now -- because I'm in FL too -- and we'll be in the same boat on the 25th, when we board the Jewel! We're doing the Klondike Family Experience and the Glacier Discovery by Helicopter in Skagway. The Klondike thing looks a bit cheesy, but I want to see the pups. We're going to be cutting it close on time - I think the Klondike thing gets back in at 2:30 and the helicopter is at 3:00.

I'm definitely a Florida girl these days - I'm worried that I'll freeze my butt off up there!

This is proof not to multi-task during work, lol! Sorry I totally misunderstood your post! Glad you're on the same trip! Your excursions sound like a blast! I'm nervous about being cold and overpacking! I think it was in the low 70s this morning and I was chilled, haha!!!

Hi, love to hear if can recommend any excursions. Thanks.

Hi!

We did:

Floatplane in Ketchikan (Excellent!)

Whale Watching and Glacier in Juneau (Good!)

Train up (sit on left), van back (Excellent!)

In Victoria, we walked to the downtown area. It was a nice day.

We didn't book any excursions through NCL.

Welcome home! I am in a 2 bed suite in 61 days. Do you happen to have pics of the suite menus? Have they changed like on other ships? Also, any idea who the concierge is in July? Thank you

I'll have to look if I have the suite menu in my hundreds of photos! It did stay the same everyday, and they serve the same menu up in the Haven as they do in Moderno.

I think Bruno should still be there in July.

Hello!

I am intrigued by the White Hot Party. Did you attend? Do you recall which night it occurred?

Did you use the iConcierge app? If so, how did you use it? Did you use it for onboard communications or just account review, reservations, virtual freestyle daily, and etc.? Did it work well for you?

If you dined at Moderno, how was that experience?

That's all for now... ;)

Thanks,

Sunshine B.

We didn't go to the White Hot this time. It was towards the middle of the cruise if I remember correctly. It was in the Spinnaker Lounge. We've gone before but we were too tired the night it was held.

We did use the iConcierge app a little bit. I thought it was alright! We didn't use it for communication as we knew that we'd be together most of the time and you have to have the app open in order to read or be notified of any messages (so we were told anyway). We mostly used it as our Freestyle Daily and to check charges.

Moderno is always delicious! We ate there pretty late and they pretty much just asked us what we wanted them to bring out. :D

Did you get close enough to Sawyer Glacier to see calving?

Unfortunately Sawyer Glacier was cancelled on our run because of a field of ice that was blocking the way. Instead, we went through the Endicott Arm and saw the Dawes glacier, which was still great! I'd guess we were maybe 150 yards from the glacier.

Did you met any outstanding staff members?

Absolutely!

Jon, the Haven butler, was excellent and always willing to serve.

Christopher, our room attendant, was helpful and did a great job. He was friendly and we always took time to talk for a few.

A majority of the staff were very friendly. I'm still in awe they can do what they do everyday and still keep a smile. I was thrilled when I saw how full the box was near guest relations of cards guests filled out to recognize crew.