Cancel after final payment??

We cancelled about a week before our cruise when DH broke his hip. We'd gotten Royal Caribbean Insurance. The TA sent in the report from the doctor and got our money back. This was back in 1996, and I don't remember how long it took. But I don't remember any problems/hassle with the claim.

We re-booked a few months later. Returned to port late due to weather. The bus broke down in the airport, and we missed our flight. Royal Caribbean put us up in a hotel, gave us meal vouchers, and re-booked our flights. We loved it because we didn't have to come up w/ extra money. It was all handled by Royal Caribbean, also in 1996.

When we had to cancel our booking last November w/ HAL. We had Travel Guard, which paid everything but a $50 copay for medical. But we had to send in all our receipts for reimbursement. We transferred to a full service hotel, and put everything on the hotel. I came down w/ bronchitis on the middle cruise of a B2B2B. We disembarked Serenade, and were supposed to spend a night in a hotel before embarking the next ship.

Edited by knittinggirl

Yes, we had to cancel a b2b to Barcelona in 2013 when my husband had an unexpected hospital stay that started 3 days prior to our leaving. We also had insurance through RCI.

Sent an email in to the insurance company and they sent back, by email, the necessary forms that were needed to be filled out and what was needed from the hospital and doctors involved.

Once we were reimbursed port taxes & fees and gratuities from RCI, we took that amount and subtracted it from the total cost. That is the figure that we put our claim in for. Took about 4 weeks, but checks were received for each cruise. Very happy with the insurance through RCI.

We had to cancel two days out due to death in family. We had to send a copy of the death certificate and had a full check within a couple of weeks.

We didn't buy it through RCCL, but I can't recall the company we used. It was somebody our TA recommended.

Yes, I'd say that someone else has had to cancel after final payment.

LOL! Your dry sense of humor slays me. :D

We cancelled due to my illness a few years ago, and got back every single cent.

OP why do you ask? If you have insurance, you should be good to go ahead and start the claim.

LOL! Your dry sense of humor slays me. :D

We cancelled due to my illness a few years ago, and got back every single cent.

OP why do you ask? If you have insurance, you should be good to go ahead and start the claim.

I was just wondering if anyone did cancel after final payment. We did 2 yrs. ago when my DH had an emergency hip replacement! Seeing from the other posters emergency situations happen. We always purchase the insurance. We used it several times on board in different situations. We aren't canceling our cruise.

Thanks for all the responses.

Carol