Earth Google to find your ships in port

andy1

You have got to do this! It is very cool...but somehow, it has to be a major security threat for our country...

Find Google Earth by a search engine... download it if you have a fast connection...

This site covers most of the earth with moving satellite images that you can zoom in so close you can count the deck chairs...

You can also type in your address and it will take you directly to a photo image of your ROOFTOP from the satellite in space...

I went to the TAMPA port and located my ship there... cool.

Yep -- I've done it on my home address and it shows a car parked in the driveway that we haven't owned for two years -- but still pretty darn cool

Cool for sure.

Half of our neighborhood is summertime the other half is fall. :eek:

Check out the two ships at Carnival's Miami docks.

They both look like they are identical Fantasy class ships and I'm sure one is probably the FASCINATION (depends on how old this photo is I guess), but what is the other one? :confused:

I know what you mean Big duck, when one looks at the the train yards in Kansas city, the map splits them right down the middle and the pics don't exactly match up (satellite was slightly higher or lower when taking the adjacent pic) as the train tracks have a slight "jog" in them. Also in many places, one photo was obviously taken in the spring (green everywhere) and the other was taken in the winter (everything brown).....LOL.......I love it ! ! Especially when a road runs right through a lake ? ? Either there used to be a road there and they dug it out and made a lake later, or there was a lake there and they filled it in and put a road through it ? ? ? :rolleyes:

Can't beat the price though . . . .:D

Yep -- I've done it on my home address and it shows a car parked in the driveway that we haven't owned for two years -- but still pretty darn cool

Ok, I downloaded earth google, I put my address in & it has an x over my houses. I can not see a driveway I can't even see my pool, what am I doing wrong?

Ok, I downloaded earth google, I put my address in & it has an x over my houses. I can not see a driveway I can't even see my pool, what am I doing wrong?

Can you move the "x"? It could be a place marker. How long have you lived in your current house? If you've been there less than three years it could be a pic from before you lived there. One of my friend's houses isn't on Google Earth at all because they just built it within the last couple of years. Actually, their whole neighborhood is pretty much not on Google Earth. heh.

It depends on how "remote" your home is. I've noticed when I go back to my hometown in Iowa, a small Iowa town. The entire town is very blurry and covered with green with only the streets superimposed over the whole green glob. When here in Valencia, California, I can see the verandah on my condo ! ! ;)

I would guess [operative word] that because of the lack of population and therefore an assumed lack of popular interest that the satellite photographs these areas with a wider angle in order to cover these areas faster. However, I did notice my cousins home in Naples, Florida in a very exclusive neighborhood also treated this way. Confusing isn't it ? :confused:

I can't imagine exposing my small hometown of 1300 people in Iowa as posing a security risk. :rolleyes:

Check out Baghdad.

Disney

NYC

Las Vegas

Denver -- my favorite is to look at the airport and how much area it covers in the middle of nowhere...

As far as security threat... it could make someones job easier...

Andy1

Just enter the address for your neighbors house two houses away, then just move to look at your place with no obstructions.

Check out the two ships at Carnival's Miami docks.

They both look like they are identical Fantasy class ships and I'm sure one is probably the FASCINATION (depends on how old this photo is I guess), but what is the other one?

I know what you mean Big duck, when one looks at the the train yards in Kansas city, the map splits them right down the middle and the pics don't exactly match up (satellite was slightly higher or lower when taking the adjacent pic) as the train tracks have a slight "jog" in them. Also in many places, one photo was obviously taken in the spring (green everywhere) and the other was taken in the winter (everything brown).....LOL.......I love it ! ! Especially when a road runs right through a lake ? ? Either there used to be a road there and they dug it out and made a lake later, or there was a lake there and they filled it in and put a road through it ? ? ?

Can't beat the price though . . . .

I think one is the Imagination, you can see the mini-putt inside the jogging track. :)

Nobody is on the funnel deck though. :( :D

Archived