20% off shore excursions...

divinmule

So we booked a short 5 day cruise for August for an inexpensive getaway.

After we booked, I went ahead and logged into manage my cruise because I wanted to see if a specific excursion was listed.

Low and behold there was an offer to save 20% by booking excursions within a 48 hour period called Bundling. You had to book both ports. But the savings for the two of us was about $140 dollars.

Just wondering... Has this always be offered and I just missed it or is this something new?

Back in February when we booked our Med. cruise, we got the same thing. Right after booking, must book excursions in the next 48 hrs, first 3 ports only and get a 20% savings.

We did it and saved a little over $100.

Edited by HawkIVette

I've received it after booking several cruises, provided that the excursions for those cruises were actually available when booking. I didn't receive the deal for my cruises for next year, but that doesn't surprise me given there is nothing to book for them. In any case, I saved $110 on my 7/2 cruise. I actually wasn't going to book anything for Grand Turk, but it worked out that I only had to spend $29.99 more for the poolside cabana over what I was already going to spend for HMC and Nassau excursions. Pretty good deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by bakersdozen12

We booked our cruise a couple weeks ago and were offered the same thing - posted about it to find out just what it was. Since one of the excursions was a 7 hour one on Belize that we were going to do via Carnival for safety (ie. the boat waiting on us), we took advantage of it.

One of the other excursions on Roatan has to be booked via the cruise lines, can't go on your own for it, and the other one on Grand Cayman, once you factored bus fare for 4 in, worked out to be the same price if we did it ourselves.

Saved $170 total.

I can't take credit for this tip, but I figure I will share.

My offer was for the first three ports. I only wanted excursions for 2 of the 3. I chose the three and put them all in my cart, and then deleted the one I didn't want before I paid. It retained the discount for the other two. I did this twice, since we have two cabins, so it worked for both and wasn't a fluke (and as I said, someone else had posted about this tip, so it seems to work, if you don't want to book all of the ports in the offer).

Well I'm glad I now know about it. I will definitely keep an eye out when booking future cruises.

In our case they only had one of the excursions we were interested in listed on the offering...but I emailed them after talking with the PVP and the Shore excursions folks told me to go ahead and book at the full price and then once on board they would adjust to the 20%.

So I will definitely board with my email in hand...but the discount was to good to pass up. :)

My offer was for the first three ports. I only wanted excursions for 2 of the 3. I chose the three and put them all in my cart, and then deleted the one I didn't want before I paid. It retained the discount for the other two. I did this twice, since we have two cabins, so it worked for both and wasn't a fluke (and as I said, someone else had posted about this tip, so it seems to work, if you don't want to book all of the ports in the offer).

Yep. I did the same thing. Chose 3 excursions on our upcoming 7 day cruise and then deleted two of them from my cart and still got the 20% discount on the one excursion.

For some reason I never noticed this until the last cruise we booked. I know 48 hours may seem like a lot of time to some, but, wasn't enough for me. I research obsessively, until I make up my mind. So, am going to research excursions, 1st, next time before I think about booking. On a 7 day cruise you can put your selections in, and can compare 3. Amazing how the discount makes the price fall. This is either something new or just never noticed before.:o

Booked a cruise for 2018. I hope I get offered the discount after paying the final payment! I will keep a look out for it. I already know which excursions I want. Also the tip for adding 3 and deleting (if needed) to get the discount is awesome, thanks!!

I have excursions picked for the last three of our four ports in September. My final payment is June 27.

1. What if they sell out of an excursion? (I'm assuming it's too bad for me!)

2. Will it work it its not the first three ports? Our first port is Grand Turk and we leave at 2:00 so I have no desire for an excursion there. We've been there several times.

3. In the past mine popped up on final payment but suggested excursions so I thought those were the only ones I could pick. Do I get to pick any ones I want?

Thanks for any info you can give!

• 1 year later...

If you booked the 3 port bundle and cancel 1port Excursion will it retain the discount price for Excursion you want to keep?