No one complaining about prices yet?

moki'smommy

That's surprising..they've been out for 7 hours already!

hahahahahahaha. we booked the EBPC in a 5A balcony; the price actually was about what i was expecting.

that said, i almost fainted when i asked the price for a Cat. T (1 BR suite) - it was over $14,000 for 2 adults. we will live with the 5A. :D

Just because I'm nosey' date=' how much was your 5A?

I miss the "old days" when it was just a cat 5....you know, before the Dream.[/quote']

$5958 for two adults, including a 10% on-board booking discount, taxes, and fees (so add 10%-ish if you don't have an OBB). does not include prepaid gratuities, insurance, air, or transfers.

i had told DH i'd be happy if we were under $6000, so, i guess i'm happy. :D

we only did one disney cruise before the dream and fantasy came out, and it was a debacle. it put us off cruising for 8 years, and we only started again because DH wanted to go to the galapagos and a cruise is really the only way to do it. and it still took us many years after that to be willing to give disney another go - our first disney cruise back was in 2013, 15 years after the first one. obviously they've proved themselves to us as PC will be our 6th. :) i do prefer the smaller ships on disney, though (which is weird, because on royal i prefer the bigger ships). the wonder was my favorite so far, so i'm psyched about panama canal.

Already booked the extended Alaska itinerary for the summer and are planning on a land vacation in Jamaica in the fall so wasn't really looking. Wouldn't complain about price anyway. I'd either book or not. You can either afford the fare or not, or can decide the value is there or not but Disney (or any company) doesn't owe me a cheap cruise such that I would feel compelled to complain if I couldn't or chose not to pay the going rate.

I guess the "sticker shock" in the last release desensitized people. There was MUCH discussion after that release.

i'm not sure if i'm really "desensitized", but i definitely scale my expectations differently. no way i would pay $6000 for a balcony room on royal, even for two weeks, but i was ok with it on disney.

on the other hand, i will probably never do a 7-night on the fantasy because the prices just seem outrageous to me when i can get equivalent rooms on royal for half the price, and i enjoy royal just as much if not more.

when i book on either line i just have a ballpark in my mind of what i'll pay for whatever type of room, and whether or not i end up booking just depends on that. i keep pretty close track of prices, though, so i'm pretty comfortable knowing when i've gotten a good price on either.

I also think there is a lot more interest for the summer months as opposed to the fall. Just not as many people looking into it, plus the prices for the fall should be a little more reasonable (if there is such a thing with DCL). They really exploit the summer time cruisers.

It wasn't as bad as I thought. We booked a 7 day eastern Caribbean in October on the Fantasy and can compare to two previous cruises we took at around the same time. Since our last one in 2013, price rose around $1600 for two adults.

I was on the hunt for the Thanksgiving week cruise just to see costs. I knew we wouldn't be able to do it in 2017 for my parents' anniversary, (I have family members looking for something less pricey), it wasn't HORRIFIC for my little family.

I wasn't horrible for my Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy for Nov 2017 - $6300 for 2 in concierge CAT V room

But WOW one week later over American Thanksgiving my same room is over $9,000!!!!! That's crazy!

I just priced out the same cruise for 2017 that we're doing later this year, and it's about 150-200 dollars more. So, about a 5-6% increase. That seems borderline reasonable to me.

Edited by davidmbfonz

Allow me...

Just looked up NYC departures for short cruises. The 4 day NYC to St. John round trip is showing $980 pp plus $300 port fees, etc for an oceanview. That's in off season (Oct)

I have a Suite booked on the Carnival Sunshine - same route - $800 pp plus, oceanview for that cruise is around $500. And that's PEAK (Right after July 4th)...

Now, I understand Disney Premium especially over Carnival, but wow.

Allow me...

Just looked up NYC departures for short cruises. The 4 day NYC to St. John round trip is showing $980 pp plus $300 port fees, etc for an oceanview. That's in off season (Oct)

I have a Suite booked on the Carnival Sunshine - same route - $800 pp plus, oceanview for that cruise is around $500. And that's PEAK (Right after July 4th)...

Now, I understand Disney Premium especially over Carnival, but wow.

Late September and early to mid-October cruises to Canada are during fall foliage, and priced accordingly. However, I think Disney's are way overpriced. Glad I did my 14-night Quebec City to Ft. Lauderdale cruise last October on Royal Caribbean. :D

Even looking at the 5 days that go south, the difference is still almost 90 percent more for Disney off peak versus Carnival peak...

Late September and early to mid-October cruises to Canada are during fall foliage, and priced accordingly. However, I think Disney's are way overpriced. Glad I did my 14-night Quebec City to Ft. Lauderdale cruise last October on Royal Caribbean. :D