You have to be kidding me?

scameron7

@ vicbomb5....well said! I found out today that NCL has only 1 person processing refunds/adjustments, however; I find it absolutely horrible that if I called to book a cruise the wait time is 2 minutes.

I've spend an hour on hold each time I've called regarding my adjustment.

I'm done! Worse customer service... EVER!

Yes, seriously. Still, I do share your enthusiasm for travel insurance - I'm quite the fan with the understanding that the out of pocket cost of the trip may be covered, I'm just not comfortable absorbing the unreasonable risk of losing the extended time. Have you taken a cruise more than 20 nights in length - If so, then you understand the planning, anticipation, and sacrifice of time and energy that goes into it (I'm not a retiree or professional with unlimited vacation & it's a very special milestone for my mother); and, further understand that insurance or reimbursement simply cannot compensate for such.

In any event, I remain grateful for the insight.

Cheers!

I have booked cruises of 23 days, 28 days, and 33 days. I realize that any cruise line can charter out a ship, giving about six months' notice to passengers who already booked. That does not stop me from spending time researching and booking hotels, airfare, etc.

The odds of a ship getting chartered are slim so I just don't worry about it.

Edited by NMLady

I have booked cruises of 23 days, 28 days, and 33 days. I realize that any cruise line can charter out a ship, giving about six months' notice to passengers who already booked. That does not stop me from spending time researching and booking hotels, airfare, etc.

The odds of a ship getting chartered are slim so I just don't worry about it.

You are so right about the odds being slim. I've been on over 40 cruises and just this year did I have my first cruise cancelled. It was on Celebrity.

I'm disappointed in NCL and I haven't even cruised yet!

I am but one of the multitude of people who were booked on the Nov 5th Escape sailing only to find out that the ship was chartered and no longer available, basically our cruise was cancelled!

We were given a few options (either book a new date, book another ship or cancel the cruise). With rebooking the same perks we currently received would apply.

As well, for the inconvenience we would also receive a $50OBC (yip that's right 50 bucks!). Lastly, in the notification it stated the following .... "Air fee changes up to $300 p/p would be reimbursed".

Although we felt it was very odd to have our cruise "cancelled" we decided to change the day and arranged for the Nov 10th sailing. We had previously booked our flights (we are flying from NS Canada and flights are not cheap so by booking early you see better prices).

Almost a month ago we sent in our reimbursement receipts via the NCL website for the flight change. The total for the change was $400 CND ($200 p/p) and the flight for 2 people was an extra 78$ ( this represented a flight price increase). In total we requested reimbursement for $478, reasonable you would think ..... Especially since we and were under the $600 cap.

I received an email today saying NCL was only going to reimburse us for the change fee and would not cover the other $78.00 as this portion was due to a price difference. Really?, you are seriously nickel and dining me because the flight was 78$ more then our original ?

I called the guest relations number (the dedicated number for this issue) and I've been on hold again today for another hour (since we were advised of the charter I've been on hold for 3 hours (1 hour each time I called with questions x 3 times). Today I spoke to the CSR in billing. He advised me the reimbursement policy for the flight fee was " an announcement made by their corporate office and that NCL is not responsible for any changes to the price of flights or the cancellations portion". (Reading the script much?) Talk about twisting communication!!!

He told me they were working on my reimbursement and the cheque was processed by him today.

Me: So it's being mailed today?

Him: no m'am our cheques are cut on Wednesdays! Really ? So really my cheque will be ready to be mailed to me in another week.

I asked about just simply adding the credit to my credit card.

Him: nope we can't do that as "our corporate office decided we would only reimburse via cheque".

Me: but I paid with a credit card for my cruise.

Him: we can't credit this circumstance via credit card. " This was a decision made by our corporate office." Ugh!

I then asked to speak with a Supervisor.

Him: m'am they are very busy but you can leave a message.

Me: I would like the number for the director of customer relations please.

Him: m'am I can only connect you and you can leave a message. I've now left a message.... Let's see if I get s call back.

I'm telling myself it's only 78$ but what horrible experience! NCL - you cancelled our cruise, we did not change our flights for any other reason!

end rant! Is anyone else impacted by the cancellation, if so what has your experience been like?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It's the Norwegian way!