What's The Worst Thing You Forgot To Bring?

NewAddict

Anybody ever forget their cash?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Not on a cruise.

Friend brought only $40 cash, no debit card, no bank branch for her two week HI stay.

We forgot Billy on a camping trip. We weren't too concerned, neither was his mother.

We went on a cruise in January, literally only a couple days after moving cross country. I thought I was being smart by packing my cruise suitcase way ahead of time, because I knew we would not be totally unpacked when we left. However, I didn't factor in that the first 1.5 days out would not be warm at all. I only had warm weather clothes with me and I was freezing! Plus I discovered that I didn't pack any nicer clothes for dinner. It was a Princess cruise and there was no one wearing jeans/shorts in the MDR. So I had to wear the same pair of black yoga pants to dinner the whole week, except for the formal nights.

Not the worst you wish you would've brought...

But what's the worst you forgot??

I'd imagine some have forgotten passports, ID, BC, etc.

We haven't been on a whole lot of cruises, and haven't forgotten anything yet...thank goodness!

Other than forms of ID, I think I would hate if I forgot to bring some little coffee creamers! I LOVE cruising, and Carnival, but that coffee is disgusting. So bringing a bunch of French vanilla creamers make it tolerable. The first cruise, I had coffee the first day, then none the rest of the cruise...and I was GROUCHY!! Still feel sorry for my family putting up with me in the mornings that week.

You may wish to invest in some of those Starbucks microbrew packets. Hot water, add packet contents, stir. Add cream if desired.

I keep a few of those on me at all times because you never know when you'll be in a place that serves terrible coffee. Pikes Place Roast and French Roast are my choices. I don't believe Starbucks is utopia but these work in a pinch.

Forgot to print our boarding passes off. YIKES!! After 19 cruises.....not to worry they let us in to the captains lounge and they printed them off for us. We did have our luggage tags, I guess that helped.

You may wish to invest in some of those Starbucks microbrew packets. Hot water, add packet contents, stir. Add cream if desired.

I keep a few of those on me at all times because you never know when you'll be in a place that serves terrible coffee. Pikes Place Roast and French Roast are my choices. I don't believe Starbucks is utopia but these work in a pinch.

That's my husband's one must-have. We don't travel anywhere without them. He likes his coffee strong, so will take a cup of hotel/cruiseship coffee and add some of the Starbucks instant. If we forgot that, he'd be so bummed.

Pants!

July cruise, I packed several pairs of shorts, and had one pair of khakis pressed and ready for formal night (as well as a dark blue jacket). Of course, the pants were still hanging neatly on a hanger in the closet when I returned. I did pack the jacket though.

I seriously entertained going "Bermuda style" on formal night (jacket and dark blue shorts). Fortunately some friends traveling with us had an extra pair of pants--in my size!

Otherwise the MDR crowd might have been treated to something like this:

853dc125512c65f524b440892e57a7be.jpg

That's what we call "semi-formal"!

All my meds---5 prescriptions all separated into 15 packets (transatlantic cruise) on the bathroom vanity back home! I "bit the bullet" and went to the infirmary expecting a HUGE bill, they took my word for the meds (I always have a list in my wallet) had all in generic form and the cost for the Rx was much less than I'd have paid at CVS!

I didn't realized they had prescription meds available on board, let alone a varied selection. This is great to know in case of an emergency.

Hair spray. Every time I walked around an open deck, I ended up looking like something the cat dragged in.

lol!

Didn't bring enough clothes on my first cruise--took that "half the clothes" advice too much to heart. It was NCL, no self serve laundry, so had to wash stuff in the sink every night.

Twice the clothes is what I always say ;)

I like having choices and refuse to ever do laundry on vacation.

drinking at 23 = bad

sex at 12 = ok

maybe grandma was right to scold you

lmao!

I understand. Last cruise I forgot this:

84ec5f676dd3b7fccade37e3f9e203ee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is so unexpectedly funny. I am cracking up!!

Not on a cruise.

We forgot Billy on a camping trip. We weren't too concerned, neither was his mother.

He was sitting on a rock in the middle of the campground when all of us got back.

And we still look for him in the pictures from the camping trip 40 years later. :rolleyes:

That's my husband's one must-have. We don't travel anywhere without them. He likes his coffee strong, so will take a cup of hotel/cruiseship coffee and add some of the Starbucks instant. If we forgot that, he'd be so bummed.

We would get along so well. When we host a party, I generally grind beans and make two pots: one for those that would like coffee and one for those that LIKE coffee. It doesn't take long to figure out who fits into which group.

Trousers! My husband packs in the run up to the holiday, then hangs his clothes back up to minimise creasing.

Needless to say he forgot to repack the trousers so ended up on holiday with the trousers he was wearing and one other pair.

The worst thing we forgot to pack was leaving a ship...husband left all of his medication in the toiletry bag on the bathroom counter. Somehow, that never turned up. That was an expensive month since we'd just had them refilled and insurance sure wouldn't pay again.

To go, the win goes to the DH again. He forgot to bring sandals on no less than three trips. Now, I ask and double check. He never wears sandals at home, so owning four pairs AND leaving all of them at home is seriously over the top.

On our very first cruise I packed everything except the kitchen sink......but I did forget my shampoo and conditioner - a must for my curly hair!! Being a newbie I panicked!!! Didn't even know there was a salon on the ship. While learning my way around the ship, I stumbled upon the salon where I was able to purchase really nice products....the bonus is that it wasn't as expensive as I thought it was going to be.....that was on the Carnival Celebration in 1993!!!:)

I once forgot my hair brush. Ship did not sell any. I had to wait until we got to Grand Cayman to buy one.

I also forgot my hairbrush once and learned the hard way the ship did not sell them, even in the salon. Luckily, I had sisters on board that let me borrow their's.

Wow...great thread...I've forgotten mascara one trip. I have really short lashes that fade away in pictures with no help. The Fun Shops didn't sell any. I'm usually really good about packing meds. But the one time if forgot nyquil my son needed it on board which meant I got to pay the 17.99 at the Fun Shops for a bottle. The absolute worst though was when my now 7 year old was about 2 and we were still in process of potty training. I forgot the diaper wipes...iiiikkkkk!! Had to wait till we ported in Puerto Vallarta to get some from a pharmacia.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

DH has forgotten his new card. The old one expired the first few days of the trip. He's done this twice now.

Not on a cruise but we just got back from a trip to visit family out of state and I forgot to pack my bipap mask. I had the rest of my equipment but no mask. I have bad sleep apnea so the first night I didn't sleep. The next day I spent most of the day trying to find a replacement mask so I could get a full night of rest.

I'm glad this didin't happen on our upcoming cruise in August because I'm sure it would be impossible to find a bipap mask on the cruise ship.

Not the worst you wish you would've brought...

But what's the worst you forgot??

I'd imagine some have forgotten passports, ID, BC, etc.

We haven't been on a whole lot of cruises, and haven't forgotten anything yet...thank goodness!

Other than forms of ID, I think I would hate if I forgot to bring some little coffee creamers! I LOVE cruising, and Carnival, but that coffee is disgusting. So bringing a bunch of French vanilla creamers make it tolerable. The first cruise, I had coffee the first day, then none the rest of the cruise...and I was GROUCHY!! Still feel sorry for my family putting up with me in the mornings that week.

Formal Pants.......we were on the maiden voyage of the Breeze out of Venice....6000 miles from home. We started to get ready for formal night, and I started to get all of my clothes out only to find out that I didn't have any formal pants. When we returned home, I found the pants folded up on a shelf in my closet. I had moved them aside to get something, and forgot to pack them. Needless to say, we now have a full packing list that we print out every time we cruise and check off the items as we pack them away. We had a reservation at the 555 steakhouse, but because I had jeans on formal night, they wouldn't allow us in...it was ok with us and we moved our reservation to the next day. I took all formal photos that night in poses that didn't show my jeans. :-)

Chap stick. I was on the beach all day and came back with huge duck lips. If you think it is easy to find chap stick it's not. Finally found some at the t shirt store that sells the shirts that change color in the sun. Ugg. Never again.

Now don't laugh.. tampons. The gift shop charged a fortune too. But had to buy them.

In the ladies room I saw those machines.. put two quarters in it and wham hit the jackpot.... every single one came out.

Yes I stuff them in my pool bag.. and was happy as can be.

Now I keep a bag just for traveling with everything in including bandage and etc.