What's The Worst Thing You Forgot To Bring?

NewAddict

My passport. Yep I'm that person. Had it packed in my backpack weeks early. One week before cruise went to sign up for TSA PreCheck and pulled it out. When I got home I carefully put it back in my safe, not my travel backpack. I flew to FLL day before cruise and about 10pm realized what I had done. Luckily I was able to contact my roommate who emailed me a copy of my birth cert. After a sleepless night the kind people at Port of Miami let me board.

May have posted this earlier but I'm not going through 5 pages to see.

Contact lens case. Went to medical to get a pill bottle but they give meds in bags. Ended up using 2 bottle caps until I found a case in the liquor store along with other last minute things people forget--strange place to put that shelf.

Toothpaste - VERY expensive in the gift shop. Also last cruise I forgot to pack my son's swimsuit. He was 14 at the time and thin (still very thin). They did not carry children's swimsuits to I had to buy a men's size small, $60, and go to guest services for safety pins.

All my makeup except my mascara. The rest was neatly packed in my makeup case on my bed. The cost of makeup on the ship is outrageous so I just went the week without! It was actually liberating and I was mistaken for much younger than I am several times; which was awesome. lol.

Another time I forgot my hairbrush on a 10 day cruise. My hair remained curly for the entire voyage. :D

Great thread!!

A few years ago, my husband and I did a five day out of Tampa. Got everything unpacked in the cabin and only then did I realize that I forgot my hanging toiletries bag at home. Yep...had my brush, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, toothbrush and paste, contact supplies, EVERYTHING. Had to make an expensive shopping trip to the Fun Shops when they opened later that evening. LOL

I forgot my entire toiletry bag one time. Luckily it was on a land trip, so I didn't have to pay cruise prices.

On other various trips, H forgot to pack boxers and I forgot to pack sunglasses. Both were purchased on land ASAP :)

Once I left our passports in the desk in my hotel room. A quick taxi ride fixed that. On our last Cruise we left my wife's black slacks at home. I mistook a pair of my slacks for her black slacks. Fortunately my black slacks fit her and we made do.

I'm still kind of bewildered at the poster whose girlfriend forgot birth control pills ... in 7th grade!!!!

And what 7th grader gets to bring his girlfriend with him on a cruise? What were his parents thinking?

Shoes. All I had was the flip flops. Interesting on formal night.

My daughter did this a few years ago on the disney cruise ship and the first day playing they had to page me to come bring her shoes because her flops broke - SO I had to go down to giftshop buy the expensive mickey shoes - I bought her size brought them back they were to small - had to go back and get next size up and AGAIN to small this time I brought her with me and we tried on different shoes I guess the sizes were EURO sizes or something weird finally found a pair that fit - Then because her flops broke had to buy the expensive crocs because she needed water shoes for the beach and swim areas

All my meds---5 prescriptions all separated into 15 packets (transatlantic cruise) on the bathroom vanity back home! I "bit the bullet" and went to the infirmary expecting a HUGE bill, they took my word for the meds (I always have a list in my wallet) had all in generic form and the cost for the Rx was much less than I'd have paid at CVS!

We went to Europe and started our trip on the cruise ship NCL and as we were unpacking we realized I grabbed the wrong bottles of medication - So instead of his full bottles I had travel bottles which is normally fine except for the fact that we were gonna be gone for 18 days so he only had enough medication for like 9 days of the trip for blood pressure - We had no idea how we were gonna get thru this - Ended up cutting some of his tablets in half while we were on the boat and told him if it was really bad take a whole one but if not take the half one - luckily this worked as most days he was okay - and he stayed away from drinking a ton to avoid the blood pressure going up

I guess I'll be be the third to say I forgot the camera battery charger. Cables, plenty of memory chips, but a dead camera... and since I went digital, I take thousands of pictures each trip. I give friends a data disc of 1,000 unedited trip pictures so when they can't sleep they can put it into their DVD player. Works every time. ;)

If that happens again, look for someone on the ship with the same camera, I'm sure they would give you a charge. :)

Now that's a great suggestion! Hope I never have to try it, though.

I'm another cruiser that forgot to pack underwear a few cruises ago :rolleyes: I couldn't believe it as I have a very detailed vacation pack list that I'm ridiculous about sticking to lol Our first port was Key West so I ran into Walgreens and all they had were HUGE white granny panties ;p No way! Eventually after walking around, we come across Victoria Secret so grabbed a bunch there.

I also forgot our trusty bottle of Pepto lol Not sure what it is about cruise food, but one of us always ends up getting an upset stomach. One particular cruise, hubby was so sick and couldn't leave the cabin so I went to down to medical (1st and only time) and bought a bottle of Pepto for $20!!! :o couldn't believe it but it was worth it as it saved the day :D

May have posted this earlier but I'm not going through 5 pages to see.

Contact lens case. Went to medical to get a pill bottle but they give meds in bags. Ended up using 2 bottle caps until I found a case in the liquor store along with other last minute things people forget--strange place to put that shelf.

Right there with ya. The fix is daily wears, no more hauling the chemistry set around. And the new ones have a weighted curve to help my astigmatism. I'm good to go for about ten hours a day then the bifocals come out.

Sucks to turn 60 next year.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I forgot my fleece and water proof combo jacket that I meticulously researched for months for an Alaskan cruise.

Ended up finding a mall in Vancouver and bought a waterproof shell and bought super expensive fleece sweater in port. :(

My passport. Yep I'm that person. Had it packed in my backpack weeks early. One week before cruise went to sign up for TSA PreCheck and pulled it out. When I got home I carefully put it back in my safe, not my travel backpack. I flew to FLL day before cruise and about 10pm realized what I had done. Luckily I was able to contact my roommate who emailed me a copy of my birth cert. After a sleepless night the kind people at Port of Miami let me board.

Oh wow, that would suck! Glad you were still able to go. Forgetting our docs is always my biggest worry.

on our first cruise I forgot conditioner for my hair, I didn't think it would be a big deal but after a couple of days my hair was a tangled ratty mess and I looked like some sort of crazy bush woman.

On another vacation I forgot all of my "bottoms", all the shorts and pants I planned to wear for the week, I only had the pair of pants I wore the day we left.

I once had all of my dress clothes laid out to pack and forgot them. Thought the luggage felt light and seemed weird when the porter picked it up and said "this is all you got?" Went to unpack in the cabin and all I had were T-shirts, shorts, and jeans. Finding nice clothes in Mexico isn't as easy as you might think.