Fitness Center/ Jogging Track?

heliwoman

Does anyone know if the Vista has a fitness center and/or jogging track? I don't see it on the deck plans but I could easily be missing it. If there is one has anyone used either? Were they crowded? Easy to run on? I have 2 girls who run and they would like to keep up with it (as they officially start cross country season 4 days after we get back). I loved the RC Oasis track and was hoping to see something like this on the Vista.

Thanks!

Does anyone know if the Vista has a fitness center and/or jogging track? I don't see it on the deck plans but I could easily be missing it. If there is one has anyone used either? Were they crowded? Easy to run on? I have 2 girls who run and they would like to keep up with it (as they officially start cross country season 4 days after we get back). I loved the RC Oasis track and was hoping to see something like this on the Vista.

Thanks!

The Fitness Center is on Deck 12 forward, at the front of the spa area. The jogging track (called SkyTrack) is on Deck 12 aft, circling the funnel, mini-golf course and basketball court. My experience with the jogging track on the Breeze was that it was not crowded at all. There is also a small outdoor fitness area on Deck 12 aft, in between the basketball court and the SkyTrack.

My experience on non-Vista ships is that the track is not crowded early (5-6 a.m.) but as the sun comes up, more walkers come out. If they truly want to run at a decent pace, I suggest earlier. You can also use the dreadmills in the spa.

My husband and I are both in the midst of our marathon training for our 7/19 sailing, so we will be getting dizzy up there :)

• 2 weeks later...
My experience on non-Vista ships is that the track is not crowded early (5-6 a.m.) but as the sun comes up, more walkers come out. If they truly want to run at a decent pace, I suggest earlier. You can also use the dreadmills in the spa.

My husband and I are both in the midst of our marathon training for our 7/19 sailing, so we will be getting dizzy up there :)

I'll agree that once the walkers come out they become track-hogs; no clue as to etiquette on the track, or give you the evil eye stare.

Good luck on your marathons. You may be able to do laps or longer pieces around Deck 5 or 6.

One thing you may wish to consider is using the week as an "easy" week. Keeping the dizzies or dreads to under 5 miles max and using alternative cardio if you need to (ellipiticals or spin cycles) and/or tossing in a few tempo pieces if on the dreads. Just mix it up. Give you dogs a respite from the pounding.

Question for others: any pictures of the fitness center that show all the layout and equipment? I've seen the cursory ones that show a few treadmills and weight machines, but nothing on the full layout. If I missed that in someone's review please direct me. Thanks!

I'll agree that once the walkers come out they become track-hogs; no clue as to etiquette on the track, or give you the evil eye stare.

Good luck on your marathons. You may be able to do laps or longer pieces around Deck 5 or 6.

One thing you may wish to consider is using the week as an "easy" week. Keeping the dizzies or dreads to under 5 miles max and using alternative cardio if you need to (ellipiticals or spin cycles) and/or tossing in a few tempo pieces if on the dreads. Just mix it up. Give you dogs a respite from the pounding.

Question for others: any pictures of the fitness center that show all the layout and equipment? I've seen the cursory ones that show a few treadmills and weight machines, but nothing on the full layout. If I missed that in someone's review please direct me. Thanks!

Thanks. LOL; yes, we always seem to be in some form of training on any given cruise. I'm lucky it's fairly early in my training so I think the longest run I have is 10; I've done as many as 14 on the ship. Last year, we ran in St. Thomas and St. Maarten since we had some free time. We do try to mix it up since we get pretty dizzy otherwise.

If no one posts any pictures before then, I'll try to take some pictures for you on our July sailing.

Thanks. LOL; yes, we always seem to be in some form of training on any given cruise. I'm lucky it's fairly early in my training so I think the longest run I have is 10; I've done as many as 14 on the ship. Last year, we ran in St. Thomas and St. Maarten since we had some free time. We do try to mix it up since we get pretty dizzy otherwise.

If no one posts any pictures before then, I'll try to take some pictures for you on our July sailing.

Appreciate that if you can. I did notice that the aft sections on both 5 and 6 may not be through-ways. Lounge and havana pool area. So maybe just 3/4 around then turn around and go back.

The sky track is 1/7 of a mile. I've been on it twice so far and it's been fairly empty at 5:30 when I start, but starts to fill as I get further towards 6:00. It's packed after 7 with walkers. Unfortunately deck 5 is a no go for running. I ran on the Dream's deck 5 when I was on it and it was a nice way to run without putting in dozens of laps. On Vista, deck 5 is blocked by Havana, and with all of the outdoor connections to the bars and restaurants there are seats and extra wind barriers that you have to navigate. Best to stay up top.

The sky track is 1/7 of a mile. I've been on it twice so far and it's been fairly empty at 5:30 when I start, but starts to fill as I get further towards 6:00. It's packed after 7 with walkers. Unfortunately deck 5 is a no go for running. I ran on the Dream's deck 5 when I was on it and it was a nice way to run without putting in dozens of laps. On Vista, deck 5 is blocked by Havana, and with all of the outdoor connections to the bars and restaurants there are seats and extra wind barriers that you have to navigate. Best to stay up top.

Thanks for letting us know!

Does the fitness/exercise area have its own showers (separate from the spa)? I would like to use the shower there after exercising, but we do not intend to use the spa. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Does the fitness/exercise area have its own showers (separate from the spa)? I would like to use the shower there after exercising, but we do not intend to use the spa. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes! on the port side just as you enter the fitness center.