Cruising New Years Eve

herblu01

Has anyone cruised on Carnival on New Years eve? If so are there any special events or activities for this holiday?

Huge deck party. Champagne (cheap) flows freely during embarkation and on at the deck party, They put party favors and hats on dining tables in mdr. We have done New Years cruises for three years and love them

Huge deck party. Champagne (cheap) flows freely during embarkation and on at the deck party, They put party favors and hats on dining tables in mdr. We have done New Years cruises for three years and love them

Us too! NYE is my favorite time to cruise!

Has anyone cruised on Carnival on New Years eve? If so are there any special events or activities for this holiday?

It's like being in Times Square in the Caribbean, highly recommend it!

It's like being in Times Square in the Caribbean, highly recommend it!

You would think one of the cruise lines would sponsor a NYE Live party on TV. So, at midnight as the station shows different parts of the US celebrating NYE, they would go to a live shot of the celebration on the ship.

We have done two NYE cruises and it is one of my favorite times to cruise. But, DW doesn't care for it due to the ship being at max capacity, highest price for a cabin of the year and too many drunk people.

If you haven't done a NYE Cruise, you should at least try it once.

We've been on three NYE cruises with Carnival. The champagne flows and the party is big. If you miss the top deck party, or can't get to it, they also have a balloon drop in the atrium. Dinner is usually a formal night if it works out with the port schedule. Hopefully you'll have a sea day on January 1st. Have fun.

A NYE cruise was on my bucket list, and I finally booked one for next year 17/18 on the Magic. Glad to see free flowing champagne and party on deck.

To save money, since it's a peak prices week, we booked a 4J cabin on Lido...close enough to a deck space and it's fine if I have to share.:D

We've done 4 and agree with the above. It's the biggest, loudest party I've ever been to. At midnight they sound the ships horn. Lots of fun.

Edited by lorim103

We have done several NYE cruises and love them! We have had it not be an elegant night but some people still dressed up, others didn't. 2 years ago we were on the Breeze for NYE and below is a video so you can see what the deck party and life that week is like.

Carnival Breeze - Stories of a "Cruise Virgin" - HD GoPro Tour! Carnival Breeze New Years 2014-15 sailing in unbelievable GoPro HD detail. Includes A guided ship tour and commentary. Experience all the onboard activities and fun ashore like you have never seen before through the eyes of a "cruise virgin" on first vacation in 10 years!!!*

Enjoy!!!

I will give one word of warning...every sailing is different because the passengers are different. One year when my boys were in elementary school on a NYE cruise we had a lot of older teens & young adults who were out of control. To the point they were throwing bottles of champagne on the ground & in the pool (lots of broken glass, pool closed for 2 days after). But out of the 5 NYE cruises that was the only one we had problems on.