Better deal with NCL cruise consultant?

rc1973

I like to think ahead and I'm looking at sailings to Bermuda next May. I have found some great deals online and I Putin a call to our personal cruise consultant. Should I book one of the deals I found? Or wait for our PCC to call us back? I realize it's a holiday weekend and he may not be in.

I like to think ahead and I'm looking at sailings to Bermuda next May. I have found some great deals online and I Putin a call to our personal cruise consultant. Should I book one of the deals I found? Or wait for our PCC to call us back? I realize it's a holiday weekend and he may not be in.

You are not going to get a "better" deal with the PCC. It will either be equal to what the TA offers, or not as good a deal, depending on the current TA sales and perks. Some of the big TAs have some pretty good offers this holiday weekend. It's possible you could get some extra perks, more OBC, etc. beyond what NCL is offering if you book with them. You should get everything you'd get if you booked through your PCC, plus whatever the TA is offering. If you wait for the PCC to call back those deals could be gone.

If the PCC does not return your call quickly, I'd just call the main number and let anyone do the booking, if that's the route you want to go.

Edited by punkincc

With NCL, you're going to get a better deal with a travel agent.... if you can find the right one. I have booked a few with a warehouse (not the top 2) and then I found out I was really calling a particular travel agency. With lower prices, OBC, it's a no brainer to not book with NCL. Just search for America's largest cruise agency.

If your asking for a comparison between NCL's online website "deals" and what the NCL PCC can give you, I've never seen a difference. In my experience, they generally see the exact same pricing as you do online. However, once my PCC gave me a $25 onboard credit that was not listed online. It was apparently a promotion that NCL was having with the Miami Dolphins football team. My PCC said to me "and because you've told me that you're a huge Dolphins fan, I'm allowed to give you the 'Go Dolphins' promo OBC." Other than that, their pricing matches the NCL website, as far as I've ever seen. Non-NCL travel agents, as mentioned above, can sometimes find ways to get you better pricing, but you need to be aware of the terms and conditions of that travel agency.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

Thanks all! I wasn't sure if I was missing out on something by not dealing with a PCC, but apparently not. I know some of the deals I am looking at end tomorrow. So, I will not wait to book my cruise.

Thanks all! I wasn't sure if I was missing out on something by not dealing with a PCC, but apparently not. I know some of the deals I am looking at end tomorrow. So, I will not wait to book my cruise.

We are really lucky with our PCC Michelle- she answers questions right away and will book us anytime- I don't think she is ever "off"! :) Call her at NCL 877.416.9722 Ext. 4398 You won't regret it! :)

After over 90 cruises with various cruise lines, I have never got a better deal from a cruise line than from a TA.

I have tried Celebrity, HAL, Princess and RCI to name a few. They cannot beat a TA.

In fact, on our last Escape cruise in Feb 16, I booked another Escape cruise for later this year on the Escape using their people on board. When I turned that booking over to my TA, my TA got me a better cabin, a cheaper price and more OBC. This is just one example.

another was booking the Gateway for this year. NCL could not beat the price or perks that I received from my TA.

I am sure there are some out there that may find a better deal with a cruise line. However, that always depends on who your TA is and how much research you do. JMHO!