RCL Vision of the Seas or Norwegian Jade

Hello all!

Wondering if anyone has been on both or one of the two and can provide feedback.

Looking for a ship with lots of activities/entertainment and good food and beverage.

My boyfriend and I are in our thirties and trying to decide between these two ships for our Greek Isles cruise in September.

Right now, NCL is about $500 more per person, but we like the itinerary better. Is it worth it? I am more focused on the itinerary and my boyfriend is more focused on the ship's amenities.

Any feedback you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Cannot comment on Norwegian Jade but sailed on the Vision twelve nights last year and just back from another seven nights.

The itinerary we thought was excellent we did the Athens route for the seven days wish we could have stayed on for a back to back.

A great ship albeit one of the oldest in the fleet but has had a make over and really showing no signs of her age whatsoever.

Excellent happy crew and good food.

Not the greatest entertainment on a ship we have seen but ok nonetheless.

Being in your mid thirties it may not have the amount of evening entertainment you are looking for.

Having said that I would certainly not pay $500.00 more per person to sail on the Jade.

Hello all!

Wondering if anyone has been on both or one of the two and can provide feedback.

Looking for a ship with lots of activities/entertainment and good food and beverage.

My boyfriend and I are in our thirties and trying to decide between these two ships for our Greek Isles cruise in September.

Right now, NCL is about $500 more per person, but we like the itinerary better. Is it worth it? I am more focused on the itinerary and my boyfriend is more focused on the ship's amenities.

I've been on Vision and I've been on a NCL ship very similar to Jade (Dawn). Vision, I would sail again in a heartbeat. NCL, well, let's just say I will never sail on anything older than Breakaway Class again. The entertainment will most likely be better on Jade, but service and the beauty of the ship itself will be better on Vision. Plus, Vision has the adults only glass-covered Solarium pool.

But that said, if you're going on a European cruise, the ship should not be your focus. Itinerary is more important. Otherwise, why go?

Hello all!

What ports are included in each itinerary?

Hubby and I sailed on Jade to the Greek Isles 4 years ago R/T Venice. We spent a couple of days in Venice pre-cruise and the ports of call were Corfu, Santorini, Mykonos, and Katakolon. We had a wonderful trip. The only issue we had is that we were not able to dock at Santorini due to weather and I have still not gotten over that! I guess we will have to return some day. :) We are not big partiers but the shows were excellent. If you can only get away for a week or ten days this is a great itinerary. Not sure how RC compares, port-wise.

k.

Hello all!

Thank you for your feedback. Here are the itineraries for your reference:

Norwegian Jade

09/10 Venice, Italy - Depart 6:00PM

09/11 Dubrovnik, Croatia - 2:00PM-9:00PM

09/12 Day at Sea

09/13 Piraeus (Athens), Greece - 8:00AM-6:00 PM

09/14 Santorini Island, Greece - 8:00AM-5:00 PM

09/15 Day at Sea

09/16 Split, Croatia - 8:00AM-6:00PM

09/17 Venice, Italy - Arrive 8:00 AM

Royal Caribbean Vision of the Seas

09/10 Venice, Italy - Depart 5:00PM

09/11 Kotor, Montenegro - 2:00PM-8:00PM

09/12 Corfu, Greece - 9:00AM-2:30PM

09/13 Athens (Piraeus), Greece - 12:00PM-8:30PM

09/14 Mykonos, Greece - 7:00AM-4:00PM

09/15 Argostoli, Greece - 12:00PM-7:00PM

09/16 Day at Sea

09/17 Venice, Italy - Arrive 6:45AM

Hello all!

Norwegian Jade

09/10 Venice, Italy - Depart 6:00PM

09/11 Dubrovnik, Croatia - 2:00PM-9:00PM

09/12 Day at Sea

09/13 Piraeus (Athens), Greece - 8:00AM-6:00 PM

09/14 Santorini Island, Greece - 8:00AM-5:00 PM

09/15 Day at Sea

09/16 Split, Croatia - 8:00AM-6:00PM

09/17 Venice, Italy - Arrive 8:00 AM

09/16 Day at Sea

Two great itineraries. We loved Mykonos (RC) but many people who book a Greek Isles trip do so primarily for Santorini (NCL). The two (NCL) ports in Croatia are supposed to be fabulous. (Haven't been there yet myself.) Both have Athens, which is good. One big difference is that NCL's ports are divided by two (non-consecutive) sea days, but RC only has one sea day and it is at the end of the trip. Five ports of call in a row is a LOT of touring/walking without a break. For that reason and because of Santorini I would go with NCL. Some folks, though, would rather have an extra port and one fewer sea day. Personal preference. You can't go wrong with either trip. Either one will be amazing.

k.

Hello all!

09/16 Day at Sea

We just left the vision on Saturday and did this itinerary, we choose this over the jade as you have one more port day.

I think it depends on the type of holiday we want, this suited us as we wanted more of a chill out holiday than sight seeing, so had three days were we didn't have to be up early due to docking at lunch time, and they did a great brunch in the restaurant of steak and eggs. we went to the beach at Mykonos and Argostoli and pottered round the old towns, which we great in Corfu and Kotor.

if you book this just make sure you book my-time or late sitting for meal otherwise the early sitting at 6.00 would be too much of a rush.

We also loved the ship and the food and service were fabulous.