Licensed Guide at Acropolis or not?

Linda VH

I am booking a half day tour with George The Famous Taxi Driver. He explained that he cannot go in there with me. He said he could get me a licensed guide to meet me there. I will be by myself and am not quite sure whether I should just read up on it and take myself or hire the licensed guide. Any advice?

• 2 weeks later...

My DH and myself just got back from our cruise. Because we were spending so much money we decided to do the Acropolis on our own. We downloaded Rick Steves Audio Tour from I-Tunes, onto our phones, which was free. He gives a very thorough tour and has you stop at each ruin and then explains it, it was very easy and really made our tour enjoyable.

I have the opposing view, I love the insight brought by the local guide and always feel I get our money's worth. The guide knows which route to take into the sight, how to avoid the crowds and ensure you get the pictures you want.

Have used for Ephesus, Rome, Vatican, Acropolis, Normandy, Paris - Louvre and have one booked for Pompeii this fall. They tailor your visit to your interest and you do not waste time hunting for what you want to see.