Inspiration - Suites get priority check-in?

richmke

Do Grand Suites on the Inspiration get priority check-in? According to Carnival: "... those traveling in deluxe suite accommodations with special check-in privileges.". Do Inspiration Suites get "special check-in privileges"?

Is 2:00 pm when suites are available, or are they all available earlier (unless you have FTTF, Platinum status, etc)?

I am in an OV, and by daughter is in the Suite (her kids are coming too!!!). The reservations are linked. Any chance they will let us on with them?

Inspiration is getting upgraded in Sept, just in time for our trip in Jan - Woot!

What time does check-in start, and when do they usually start boarding? Carnival says boarding is 1:00-4:00pm for the 5:30 departure.

Finally, any hotel recommendations for the night before embarkation.

Thanks!

Edited by richmke

We just got back from sailing Inspiration (my first Carnival cruise). There was priority check in and boarding for suite guests - basically, they did wedding party, Platinum/Diamond/Suite and then Faster to the Fun. We had Faster to the Fun and were able to check in at 10:30am and boarded at 11:45am. The hour or so in between we did the free tour of the Queen Mary (show your sail and sign card and it's free). We stayed 2 nights before the cruise at the Hyatt Regency Long Beach - got a good deal on Priceline and it was a lovely hotel! Would definitely stay there again!

• 4 weeks later...

Just got off Inspiration on Friday June 17, 2016. Stayed in Grand Suite U93.

Grand Suites do get priority check in, it is in a small building outside of the dome called the Captain's Lounge. Then you will board from the Priority Line after Weddings, Diamond, Platinum but before FTF. We got to the port at 10:00am, no lines at priority, FTF or regular check in. So if you get there early you should be able to get zone 1 and board just after FTF. Your daughter does not have to board as soon as they call for Suites to board, she can wait with you for your zone to go. I think we boarded before noon I'll check my bar tab, that was the first stop once onboard, and update this if my time is off.

All rooms are ready about 1:30 but Diamond/Platinum/FTF are ready when you board.

Inspiration got the 2.0 upgrades last February and has Guy's and the bar upgrades. Imagination is going for upgrades in September.

Suite staterooms are not ready upon boarding. And no you can't priority board with your daughter. For the few minutes time difference perhaps she will wait with you. Enjoy your cruise they are always good but better with family.

• 1 month later...
Do Grand Suites on the Inspiration get priority check-in? According to Carnival: "... those traveling in deluxe suite accommodations with special check-in privileges.". Do Inspiration Suites get "special check-in privileges"?

Is 2:00 pm when suites are available, or are they all available earlier (unless you have FTTF, Platinum status, etc)?

I am in an OV, and by daughter is in the Suite (her kids are coming too!!!). The reservations are linked. Any chance they will let us on with them?

Inspiration is getting upgraded in Sept, just in time for our trip in Jan - Woot!

What time does check-in start, and when do they usually start boarding? Carnival says boarding is 1:00-4:00pm for the 5:30 departure.

Finally, any hotel recommendations for the night before embarkation.

Thanks!

I see you got answers for the rest, but just wanted to weigh in on the hotel issue. My friends and I went on the Inspiration at the end of May and stayed at the Hotel Maya (a Doubletree/Hilton hotel) as a suggestion from a frequent cruiser that was with us. The hotel is only a couple miles away from the port, *AMAZING* hotel, and they have a deal that works with Carnival where you get a discounted room, a free shuttle to/from the port for your cruise, and you can leave your car in the parking lot there for free during your cruise instead of paying for the Carnival parking structure. SO worth it for us for the parking by itself, but the beautiful hotel and accommodations were like icing on the cake. My husband and I are doing the same thing in October! :)

Have fun! :D

Suites have priority check in/boarding so they should get on before FTTF BUT I am not aware they their cabins are ready early???

I thought you needed FTTF to have your cabin ready??

I was in a suite on Imagination last year and the room was ready when I got there directly after priority boarding. No FTTF.