aft Penthouse sites on Caribbean Princess

Corfe Mixture

After a bad experience with noise from the pool area in the mid-ship Riviera deck suites on another ship of this class (actually P&O's Ventura), we have tried to avoid this class of ship.

However, given we want 14 days the choice for our latest booking really left us limited to a choice between an Owner's suite on Pacific (we have had one of these on Ocean and are aware of the vibration at speed) and an aft suite on Caribbean. In the end, the itinerary tipped the balance and we have gone for Caribbean.

We are aware of the structural beams affecting some aft balconies and have elected to go for a 'beam free' Penthouse suite and chose A751. As this is next to the Owner's suite and Grand suite, I seems likely to me that, unlike the mid-ship Riviera deck Penthouse suites (where loungers around the pool above get moved by staff in the middle of the night) the Terrace Pool area above is not a serious source of in cabin noise, otherwise they would have put these suites down on C deck

As we are booking very early, we have the opportunity to move to either of the Penthouse suites on C deck, C748 or C749, which also do not have a structural beam affecting the balconies and have accommodation above and below.

Be very interested in any comment from folks who have personal experience, and particularly comparative experience of A751, C748 and C749 whilst we still have time to change our stateroom.

Many thanks in advance

Edited by Corfe Mixture

We were in C749 on the Crown and the Ruby had no noise problems at all. We had D736 on the Caribbean and other than the beam issue with the balcony, no problems there either. Of the 2 we preferred C749, so that's where we booked on our up-coming Caribbean princess cruise.

After a bad experience with noise from the pool area in the mid-ship Riviera deck suites on another ship of this class (actually P&O's Ventura), we have tried to avoid this class of ship.

However, given we want 14 days the choice for our latest booking really left us limited to a choice between an Owner's suite on Pacific (we have had one of these on Ocean and are aware of the vibration at speed) and an aft suite on Caribbean. In the end, the itinerary tipped the balance and we have gone for Caribbean.

We are aware of the structural beams affecting some aft balconies and have elected to go for a 'beam free' Penthouse suite and chose A751. As this is next to the Owner's suite and Grand suite, I seems likely to me that, unlike the mid-ship Riviera deck Penthouse suites (where loungers around the pool above get moved by staff in the middle of the night) the Terrace Pool area above is not a serious source of in cabin noise, otherwise they would have put these suites down on C deck

As we are booking very early, we have the opportunity to move to either of the Penthouse suites on C deck, C748 or C749, which also do not have a structural beam affecting the balconies and have accommodation above and below.

Be very interested in any comment from folks who have personal experience, and particularly comparative experience of A751, C748 and C749 whilst we still have time to change our stateroom.

Many thanks in advance

We were in A751 on the CB last September. Loved the cabin and the balcony. I have a number of pictures of the cabin on my flickr page. The link is at towards the bottom of my signature. After clicking on it click on the Caribbean Princess 2015 Iceland/Norway tab.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

I would suggest D736 or D737. I know you wanted to stay away from a cabin with a beam. However, the Dolphin deck balconies are probably the deepest of the aft balconies. The table fits well between the one balcony door and the beam and there is plenty of space for the two loungers and the small table in between. You will have views to the side as well as great wake views. There is such a difference between these balconies and the ridiculously narrow five foot deep balconies on Riviera deck [emoji33]

Edited by IECalCruiser

I would suggest D736 or D737. I know you wanted to stay away from a cabin with a beam. However, the Dolphin deck balconies are probably the deepest of the aft balconies. The table fits well between the one balcony door and the beam and there is plenty of space for the two loungers and the small table in between. You will have views to the side as well as great wake views. There is such a difference between these balconies and the ridiculously narrow five foot deep balconies on Riviera deck [emoji33]

Many thanks for that, but I have already booked a Penthouse having decided against either the Penthouse suites mid-ships on Riviera or the cheaper Vista suites with the beam meaning my choice was simply one of A751 versus C748 and C749 and the photos on Bob's site have sealed it - A751 it is.

Agree about Riviera Penthouse suites not being as good an option as the aft Vista suites, and had already excluded that option because of the middle of the night noise issue. On the subject of balcony depth's the A751 balcony I have booked and C748/9 balconies, are I am sure much deeper than five feet and with sufficient depth and openness to make full use of the large table.

Edited by Corfe Mixture

We were in A751 on the CB last September. Loved the cabin and the balcony. I have a number of pictures of the cabin on my flickr page. The link is at towards the bottom of my signature. After clicking on it click on the Caribbean Princess 2015 Iceland/Norway tab.....:):):)

Bob

Hi Bob,

Many thanks indeed for the photos, but more importantly for your simple comment about loving the cabin and balcony (which is clearly much more than 5 feet deep) which have sealed it for us.

A751 - it is.

CM

Edited by Corfe Mixture

For the record, I wholeheartedly agree with IECalCruiser, that D736/D737 are fantastic, on all Grand Class ships.

I have enjoyed these Vista suites on the Grand, Golden, Star, and Ruby.

So great!

For the record' date=' I wholeheartedly agree with IECalCruiser, that D736/D737 are fantastic, on all Grand Class ships.

I have enjoyed these Vista suites on the Grand, Golden, Star, and Ruby.

So great![/quote']

Thanks for that, but, also for the record, my question only related to the aft Penthouse suites.

I have also noted IECalCruiser's belief that the Vista suite balconies on D deck are the deepest of all aft balconies, but also that, according to Princess, the three aft Penthouse suites are 6% larger than than D736/D737 and, as evidenced by Bob's photos, the one I have selected, A751, has more then sufficient depth.