Question about internet packages

gfountain1

We are bringing a party of 6 and plan to use 2 iPhones to keep in touch with each other via iMessage and Facetime. How does the internet login work? Is it possible to log both devices under the same plan or is one plan only good for one device?

Thanks.

Edit: We will be on the Magic

Edited by gfountain1

We are bringing a party of 6 and plan to use 2 iPhones to keep in touch with each other via iMessage and Facetime. How does the internet login work? Is it possible to log both devices under the same plan or is one plan only good for one device?

Thanks.

Edit: We will be on the Magic

You can use the same plan on both devices; however, only one device at a time.

They also have a plan that uses their Carnival Hub app (on some ships)

You pay $5 per device for it, but you use the messaging capability in the Carnival Hub app.

You'd have to read others opinions/reports

On the plus side, it's cheaper than full access and all the traffic should stay on the ship.

On the down side, from what I've read, it sometimes take a bit for the message to get through, and others have said there is no notification when you get a message.

May be an option for you.

We are in the glory now. The social media package works great. We've used Facebook and Instagram all week. They do not have snap chat. iMessage works fantastic. FaceTime is slow and doesn't work all the time. We also have the Hun and it works really well. Love having the fun times online and a map of the ship. We've been using the chat feature as well since my husband didn't buy the media package.

We are in the glory now. The social media package works great. We've used Facebook and Instagram all week. They do not have snap chat. iMessage works fantastic. FaceTime is slow and doesn't work all the time. We also have the Hun and it works really well. Love having the fun times online and a map of the ship. We've been using the chat feature as well since my husband didn't buy the media package.

I sail on the Glory on Saturday! Did you just purchase the $5 per day package? We plan on keeping contact with our three kids back home through the Facebook media $5 plan.

3 of us bought the social package for 25.00 for our 7 day cruise. It worked great with messenger. We just formed a group and all messages went to all of us. We did have times when we couldnt get the wifi at all, but for the most part it worked quite well. You can even make phone calls on messenger if the other party has the app.

It would have been quite a pain to log off and on different devices all the time as you have to go to their carnivalwifi website and use your sail and sign card number and your birthday every time

I'm not sure about the Hub app, but 2 weeks ago on the Ecstasy we bought the $5/day plan for our son (I had the highest tier plan since I had to work). iMessages worked great between the 2 of us while on board, even from our cabin.

I sail on the Glory on Saturday! Did you just purchase the $5 per day package? We plan on keeping contact with our three kids back home through the Facebook media $5 plan.

We did the $25 social plans and the $5 hub. Both were nice. Facebook and iMessage were the main apps I used. The hub was great to know what was happening around the ship and the map.

• 1 month later...
Just curious about the packages...how do you get billed? Is it billed to your Sign & Sail or does it ask for a credit card?

It goes on your folio which is tied to your sign and sail card.

1275491762_wifipackage.jpg.848ec339d6cdb374ff4b22f295a23fc2.jpg

I'm sorry to ask this but I'm computer stupid lol

If I get the $5/day iMessage package do I need to go to a

Certain area?

I just remember the computer room and having to go there to do anything

No, it works off of wifi, but with that said, there have been several reports that the social media package no longer includes Imessenger so I would strongly suggest using Facebook messenger which works great with the wifi package.

I just checked the app which I have for our cruise next week...it says Majic is supported...

I just went to download the hub app and it still says now available on Triumph, Vista, Pride, Breeze, Sunshine, Glory and Freedom. Even more ships coming soon.

I just went to download the hub app and it still says now available on Triumph, Vista, Pride, Breeze, Sunshine, Glory and Freedom. Even more ships coming soon.

Carnival's definition of "coming soon" is different than ours

Regular texting is not available unless you plan to have an international plan with your cell phone carrier. That can get expensive though. My kids and I were just on the Freedom and put our phones in airplane mode so that we wouldn't get hit with roaming fees. I bought the middle internet plan for two of us and the smaller plan for my daughter. The smaller plan only allows a few apps whereas with the middle plan I was able to access the internet (Safari) and my emails. I did find that Snap Chat was working with the middle internet package even though the website says that it's not supported at all. It was quite slow at times but it always eventually worked. We also used the Carnival Hub app and the Chat feature. Perhaps I missed the other two charges, but I only recall seeing the $5 charge on one person's account. (I was the main account and then my two kids each had their own folio account) The chat feature was hit or miss at times but we figured out that the app had to be "open" in order to get the messages.

Regular texting is not available unless you plan to have an international plan with your cell phone carrier. That can get expensive though. My kids and I were just on the Freedom and put our phones in airplane mode so that we wouldn't get hit with roaming fees. I bought the middle internet plan for two of us and the smaller plan for my daughter. The smaller plan only allows a few apps whereas with the middle plan I was able to access the internet (Safari) and my emails. I did find that Snap Chat was working with the middle internet package even though the website says that it's not supported at all. It was quite slow at times but it always eventually worked. We also used the Carnival Hub app and the Chat feature. Perhaps I missed the other two charges, but I only recall seeing the $5 charge on one person's account. (I was the main account and then my two kids each had their own folio account) The chat feature was hit or miss at times but we figured out that the app had to be "open" in order to get the messages.

Thank you SOOOO much for your reply!!!

I do have another question if you know the answer...Lol

In the Facebook app there's a feature to call someone through the app. Do you know if this works with purchasing one of the 3 packages?