Duty free question

Could anyone on board or recently been on board a Royal ship in North America give me the price of a 1 litre bottle of Absolute Vodka please. Also do the duty free prices vary ship to ship or not. Thank you.

I'm not sure about absolute, but 1L Grey Goose was USD: $35 for 1, $60 for 2 and $99 for 4.

Being from Canada, I could only bring back 2 bottles and I already had purchased a Glenlivet Scotch that I was not willing to give up, so my wife got the 1 bottle of GG for $35.

Here in NB, GG goes for $50 CAN for 750ml.

dp

I'm not sure about absolute, but 1L Grey Goose was USD: $35 for 1, $60 for 2 and $99 for 4.

Being from Canada, I could only bring back 2 bottles and I already had purchased a Glenlivet Scotch that I was not willing to give up, so my wife got the 1 bottle of GG for $35.

dp

Thank you. Im from Canada too so will be limited the same ;)

I'm asking because we are booked on MSC and their Absolutely for 1litre is $11.52. Peace Bridge Fort Erie is $17 (u.s.) I know when were on Royal in Feb. there was a saving of $5 over the border crossing at Detroit. But having seen the prices you have given I'm concluding that Grey Goose is a much superior brand to Absolut :)

On going back to check I see it is superior in price anyway as right now at the border they are doing a litre for $27.50 u.s. I'm guessing it maybe a special. Will need to do my homework at both places just before we leave.

It's swings and roundabouts I think depending on what you what you are looking for at the time.

Edited by Mattnvick

Thank you. Im from Canada too so will be limited the same ;) I'm asking because we are booked on MSC and their Absolutely for 1litre is $11.52. Peace Bridge Fort Erie is $17 (u.s.) I know when were on Royal in Feb. there was a saving of $5 over the border crossing at Detroit. But having seen the prices you have given I'm concluding that Grey Goose is a much superior brand to Absolut :)

I just posted above with a link to a picture, but they had Absolute for $85 for 6 that you could mix & match with other stuff.

dp

dp

$31.99 for a 1L bottle of grey goose from Total Wine in texas. Not much of a savings on a single bottle.

Depending on the price, it might be worth bringing home a few extra bottles and paying the duty on your overage. This calculator will help you see if it's worthwhile or not: http://www.canadiandutycalculator.ca/index.php

It varies by province, and some pay significantly more than others. I ran a $25 USD 1 litre bottle of vodka, and total duty for New Brunswick is $60.88 CAD, while your neighbours in Nova Scotia pay only $16.42 CAD. I didn't run it with all of the provinces, so I don't know if those are the high and low points. Ontario is in the middle at $32.02 CAD duty.