If we get the Vista 2, I will personally....

I have no desire to ever sail on Vista 2. I'll go one time on the Vista just to experience the weird layout, but it's a one and done.

The remainder of my cruises will be on Dream or Conquest class ships.

I have no desire to ever sail on Vista 2. I'll go one time on the Vista just to experience the weird layout, but it's a one and done.

The remainder of my cruises will be on Dream or Conquest class ships.

I wasn't bothered at all by the layout of Vista. I actually thought it was a great way to deal with crowd control as I often felt as though there weren't "that many" people on the ship at times.

One thing I wish carnival would do would do-away with the up selling of things on a per purchase basis. It would be great if they had a "Cheers-like" program for say the seafood shack and the sushi spot ( forget the name of it). But with it costing extra, I will say the places were never crowded with a line though!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live in Houston so Galveston is thr easiest for my husband and I.We have been on the Magic three times out and done their three itinerarys.Caymen islands, Jamaica, cozamel, Belize Roaton Cozomel and Key West, Nassau.They cannot go any further to other islands because it takes too long and and they only have seven days so thr ports will never be different.We took the Breeze out of Miami last year to go to some different ports.I think the Vista looks like a great ship and should go out of Miami so she is not limited to these ports and can have better itinerarys.

I have been looking at cruises on the Magic out of PC and surprised they are only going Western. Not interested, can do Western from Galveston. So if we go out of PC guess it would be Sunshine. Prefer Magic, but oh well..

Magic also sails eastern itineraries. We are going this September. Be sure to scroll down to see the eastern sailings. Happy planning!

I wasn't bothered at all by the layout of Vista. I actually thought it was a great way to deal with crowd control as I often felt as though there weren't "that many" people on the ship at times.

One thing I wish carnival would do would do-away with the up selling of things on a per purchase basis. It would be great if they had a "Cheers-like" program for say the seafood shack and the sushi spot ( forget the name of it). But with it costing extra, I will say the places were never crowded with a line though!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

like a "faster to the snacks' program. :D

This makes the most sense. Both NCL and RCCL have put brand spanking new ships in the NYC area. Carnival should follow suit.

Carnival had a ship there and they couldn't fill it at their desired rates, why would they go back just to discount the rates?

The Splendor came over brand new, fresh from a summer in the med. I can't think of another cruise line (at least lately) that put a brand new ship on the west coast. All that said, they had trouble filling her there without discounting....

The Splendor was selling good until the Swine flu outbreak in 2009, the the engine fire that left the ship stranded. The Miracle typically has higher rates than ships in Florida, so they could stand to put a bigger ship in Long Beach. I doubt Vista 2, but it would be nice to get Freedom or Breeze.

Edited by vwrestler171

The Splendor was selling good until the Swine flu outbreak in 2009, the the engine fire that left the ship stranded. The Miracle typically has higher rates than ships in Florida, so they could stand to put a bigger ship in Long Beach. I doubt Vista 2, but it would be nice to get Freedom or Breeze.

I also strongly doubt Carnival would put a brand new ship on the west coast. I just can't see them replacing Miracle, a 2,100 passenger ship with an almost 4,000 passenger ship. They seem to move at a more deliberate pace on upping capacity than that.

I think a more likely scenario would be the new ship replacing either the Glory or the Conquest. If the experiment of using the Valor for 3/4 day cruises out of Canaveral is a success then I can see the Glory or Conquest then replacing the Victory on 3/4 cruises from Miami.

The Victory could then either go to the West Coast to replace Miracle, to San Juan to replace Fascination, or stay in Miami to take over its old route that Sensation is now running.

Since Carnival is experimenting with increased capacity at Fort Lauderdale with Splendor, I think the ship the Victory replaces will end up there running 4/5 day runs.

I also strongly doubt Carnival would put a brand new ship on the west coast. I just can't see them replacing Miracle, a 2,100 passenger ship with an almost 4,000 passenger ship. They seem to move at a more deliberate pace on upping capacity than that.

I think a more likely scenario would be the new ship replacing either the Glory or the Conquest. If the experiment of using the Valor for 3/4 day cruises out of Canaveral is a success then I can see the Glory or Conquest then replacing the Victory on 3/4 cruises from Miami.

The Victory could then either go to the West Coast to replace Miracle, to San Juan to replace Fascination, or stay in Miami to take over its old route that Sensation is now running.

Since Carnival is experimenting with increased capacity at Fort Lauderdale with Splendor, I think the ship the Victory replaces will end up there running 4/5 day runs.

FWIW, my PVP at Carnival told me that they are planning on a Conquest Class coming west to replace the Miracle. I would guess Miracle would be going to Tampa, but I could be wrong. I'm still holding out hope for the Breeze, but I think we will get a 2.0'd Conquest Class and I'll be ok with that.