Time to change the platinum/diamond chocolate covered strawberries.

I don't like the chocolate covered strawberries and I'd like for them to change this to something like they used to have, chocolates in various forms. Last cruise I asked for something different and got a plate of really delicious cookies.

Any suggestions? A cheese plate would be nice.

I would go for the cheese plate as well. We threw away the strawberries. Carnival is presumptuous with thinking that everyone can eat sugary foods.:eek:

First world problems :rolleyes: it's so unlike a Platinum to be unhappy with something.

Well yes! If Carnival is going to give you perks especially when it comes to food, it would be nice to get an email and given a choice. If there's nothing on the list I would simply decline and save them some money. I got those packing bags as a gift, I'll donate them to the thrift store. Not ungrateful, just don't need them.:rolleyes:

We cruise with two Platinums in our room and always only receive one plate. Don't seem fair to the other that has cruised many times to get this benefit.

I have sailed with another platinum cruiser on 4 cruises and we also only receive one plate. I wondered about that the first time and thought maybe we would get something another night but we never have.

Just off the Splendor and didn't receive any strawberries--just a plate of some type of little desserts. No chocolate or strawberries. Letter says chocolate delight. I just happened to be there when they were being delivered and said no thanks. They would have gone untouched.

This is what I have received on my last 2 cruises....it was a mix of treats but did include 2 chocolate covered strawberries

BTW....will you be writing a review of the Splendor ? ;)

Edited by LizaMM

Well yes! If Carnival is going to give you perks especially when it comes to food, it would be nice to get an email and given a choice. If there's nothing on the list I would simply decline and save them some money. I got those packing bags as a gift, I'll donate them to the thrift store. Not ungrateful, just don't need them.:rolleyes:

GREAT idea!!!! This would reduce a lot of waste!

I just got off the Breeze on my first platinum cruise. I got a plate with chocolate covered strawberries, macaroons and truffles. The problem is that I was too full from everything else to be able to eat them.

I don't like the chocolate covered strawberries and I'd like for them to change this to something like they used to have, chocolates in various forms. Last cruise I asked for something different and got a plate of really delicious cookies.

Any suggestions? A cheese plate would be nice.

Suggestions? Say no thank you. :rolleyes::eek::confused:

GREAT idea!!!! This would reduce a lot of waste!

Since we are talking choice What about a choice of the VIP gift. I have duffle bags, chess sets, pin and note pads, picture frames, glasses (plastic and glass). What about an obc or drink coupon. for all the gifts, strawberries, water etc. That should be worth one drink or a box of cookies, I

Opps

Since we are talking choice What about a choice of the VIP gift. I have duffle bags, chess sets, pin and note pads, picture frames, glasses (plastic and glass). What about an obc or drink coupon. for all the gifts, strawberries, water etc. That should be worth one drink or a box of cookies, I

exactly, once upon a time we didnt have to watch our sugar intake.

The overhead cost would force an end to the program. Actually that is a brilliant idea. :D

They used to send a plate for each platinum member, now just one per cabin.

We always get two plates in our cabin. Always. Maybe they read this site and make sure that the Platinum cruisers that complain about free gifts that they are given all of the bad stuff that no one else wants and they don't send all of the stuff that they think they should get.

Edited by Retired_to_Cruise

We always get two plates in our cabin. Always. Maybe they read this site and make sure that the Platinum cruisers that complain about free gifts that they are given all of the bad stuff that no one else wants and they don't send all of the stuff that they think they should get.

Why is a simple comment that they might do something different that would be perceived as better a complaint?

Better to not like something and toss it in garbage?

Just go to the Lido buffet and watch all the plates of food that get dumped in the garbage. On our Legend cruise last week, even the over weight people left plates of food. So, if it isn't liked it gets dumped. The strawberries look like they've been sitting around a very long time, dipped in chocolate where they deteriorate even faster. I didn't ask for them, they were thrust upon me.:rolleyes:

Just go to the Lido buffet and watch all the plates of food that get dumped in the garbage. On our Legend cruise last week, even the over weight people left plates of food. So, if it isn't liked it gets dumped. The strawberries look like they've been sitting around a very long time, dipped in chocolate where they deteriorate even faster. I didn't ask for them, they were thrust upon me.:rolleyes:

That is why I think they should give us a choice.

I'm not a complainer AND we are frequent cruisers on Carnival 1 or 2 a year. I can't remember the last time we got 2 chocolate covered. I don't really care since I don't eat them anyway, (DW loves 'em) just saying.

They used to send a plate for each platinum member, now just one per cabin.

This may be the case on some ships, but we have always rec'd 2 plates of strawberries, a couple of pink cookie things, and a couple chocolate treats on our cruises.

We just sailed the Magic and rec'd, two plates of treats (which we combined and placed into the "empty" mini fridge), preserving them for a couple of nights! We also rec'd two packing cube things!:D

If you don't want the extra plates, just inform guest services, they will handle most every request in our experiences.:) They can even tell you when to expect the treats/gifts, invites etc...:)