Private Tranport, Venice/Lake Como/Milan

Masonic Phantom

• 10 months later...

I can't recommend since I've never done this (always took the train and then drove up through Como to St. Moritz).

BUT, if you do a 'net search for "private car service from Venice to Milan", some things pop up. One that opened charges 694 EU for 2 people for the 6-7 hour drive between Venice and Milan. Don't know about any add-on to get to Lake Como.

Somehow, I think this is the pricing neighborhood for what you want.

WOW! That is one long "transfer." Just in case you are not familiar with the geography, getting from Venice to Lake Como is about 200 miles (one-way). If you plan on driving to Bellagio you can add another half hour to the drive (about 3 1/2 hours) unless you take the picturesque (and windy) lake shore road (the views are very good) which would increase the drive (in terms time, money, etc). If you want to hire a private car/driver you will pay many hundreds of Euros since the driver will charge you for their time/distance to get back to their starting point. We have actually done this drive....but we simply rented a car (in Venice) and drove ourselves.

You can certainly Google "Venice Limousine" companies and send some inquires as to price. In terms of US dollars we would be surprised if you found anything for under $800...and an even higher price would not be shocking. As to rental cars, there are several major agencies located right at the Piazale Roma and one-way rentals (within Italy) are generally not a big problem.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner