Help Me Pick My Cabin - Escape Mini-suite vs Spa vs Large balcony

I'm so torn between the choices, and have never cruised with NCL before, so I need help picking a cabin. We'll be on the Escape next May. It will be me, my DH, and our 10 yr old daughter in the cabin.

M9 Spa Mini-Suite (deck 15): $3357 - but I am worried about the deck 16 overhang. I found a youtube video that shows what it is like from the balcony, and I still can't decide if we'd be annoyed by it.

B9 Spa Balcony (deck 15 as well): $3157 BUT we lose $189 in credits from our TA if we don't book a mini-suite, so its basically the same price as the M9. No deck 16 overhang for those cabins though...

Right now we have a deck 8 M6 booked (mini-suite with large balcony) for $3217, but since we'd have to purchase the spa passes out of pocket, I can't see not switching to the M9 or B9. Would it be worth an extra $260 above the cost of the M9 to have the large balcony? I'm thinking not. Also, it is a looooong walk down the corridor to the cabin, which is one of my pet peeves.

Thanks for any advice!

Since the M9 and the B9 are essentially the same price, I'd go with the M9 and enjoy the slightly large bathroom.

We were on Escape on 15 aft underneath the Garden Cafe. We had the overhang on our balcony. It didn't bother us at all.

Will you spend more time on your balcony or more time in the spa?

The spa is all indoors so if you want to lay out in the sun on your own balcony keep the deck 8 mini. I had one on Getaway and loved it but I also bought spa passes.

Having the spa passes included with the M9 is a real savings and worth it IMO.

Think of the walk as a way to work off the extra food and drink :D

Will you spend more time on your balcony or more time in the spa?

The spa is all indoors so if you want to lay out in the sun on your own balcony keep the deck 8 mini. I had one on Getaway and loved it but I also bought spa passes.

Having the spa passes included with the M9 is a real savings and worth it IMO.

Think of the walk as a way to work off the extra food and drink :D

That is the crucial question!

We don't lay out in the sun at all - you'll always find us under some kind of shade. We loved the Cloud Nine spa that Carnival has, and divided our time between that and the shaded spots on their Serenity deck.

The M9 seems to have the better location for the things we'd do, I just worry about feeling "closed in" by the overhang, and also the possibility of deck chair noise from above. Which is why I was considering the B9 - give up the roomy bathroom, but no overhand and no chair noise to contend with.

I put in a call to the TA, so I need to decide before he calls back!

I had the same dilemma as you and we ended up choosing the M9 cabin 15760. We are sailing later this month so I can't tell you about the noise from the deck above. There is one review on CC regarding my cabin and they stated it was quiet. I would try to book a cabin as close to the spa balconies as you can. We are close to the elevators and I'm hoping that was a good choice to mitigate deck noise above us. We'll see. 😊

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Just returned from my Escape cruise (5/28-6/4) and I had an M9 cabin 15768. The bathroom alone is a great reason to get this category. The shower.......... HEAVEN!!! Also, quick access to the Spa. This was a 3-person Mini-Suite and there was plenty of room for everyone. I heard noise here and there, but not enough to be distracting or annoying. The overhang was noticeable but was a welcomed relief from the sun on those extra sunny days. You cannot see the stars at night, but going up on deck is very easy from this location. I would get this cabin again for the bathroom and the access to the Thermal Suite.

Well I went with the M9! I decided the extra bathroom space and jetted shower was worth dealing with a little noise. Plus I really do like being closer to the elevators. It probably sounds dumb, but I am claustrophobic and walking down the narrow cabin corridors for any length of time makes my anxiety kick up. And since anxiety meds and alcohol do not mix, I need to stay unmedicated on this trip :p.

I had the same dilemma as you and we ended up choosing the M9 cabin 15760. We are sailing later this month so I can't tell you about the noise from the deck above. There is one review on CC regarding my cabin and they stated it was quiet. I would try to book a cabin as close to the spa balconies as you can. We are close to the elevators and I'm hoping that was a good choice to mitigate deck noise above us. We'll see. 😊

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback! Can I ask if your bed was next to the closet or the balcony? Trying to figure out what set up we will have.

Great choice on your room...... just want to add that a mini suite is NOT considered a suite when it comes to suite perks

Well we have the UBP, thermal suite access, paid for gratuities, and our daughter is sailing free - that is perky enough for me :D.

But yes, I am aware that a mini-suite is not a Haven suite.

Well we have the UBP, thermal suite access, paid for gratuities, and our daughter is sailing free - that is perky enough for me :D.

You have awesome promotions .... some people think because "suite" is in the name they receive priority embarkment / disembarkment, priority tender, access to special seating for shows, etc....

Just passing along a common disappointment I read alot about here

Edited by esm54687

Just to be clear, it's not a suite at all. There are suites located both within the Haven and also outside the Haven, like the Aft Penthouse Suites. I'm sure you understand, but there are newbies here, and it's a common misconception. But awesome cabin and perks you're getting!

Edited by punkincc

t probably sounds dumb, but I am claustrophobic and walking down the narrow cabin corridors for any length of time makes my anxiety kick up. And since anxiety meds and alcohol do not mix, I need to stay unmedicated on this trip :p.

Not dumb at all. I make some cruise decisions based on my anxiety too. :D