Weather in September?

Hey guys (and gals) - for those of you that have been here during September, how is the weather?

I've sort of freaked myself out because we are getting married on the Carnival Magic in September 2017 and this is a stop. I've read it's "peak" hurricane season, and was wondering if I am to expect rain the whole trip? [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sept in the Caribbean is hot & humid. The nice thing about being on a ship is that it moves! If a hurricane or tropical storm is in the path of the ship, they will reroute the ship to a different port.

The average rainfall is only about 1" more in Sept than other months. The rain whether a downpour or a gentle rain is usually warm. We were snorkeling during a rainstorm that pelted us while we swam. We were already wet so what does it matter?

So you will get sunny days, rainy days, and days of mixed weather. Just relax and enjoy honeymoon.

Sept in the Caribbean is hot & humid. The nice thing about being on a ship is that it moves! If a hurricane or tropical storm is in the path of the ship, they will reroute the ship to a different port.

The average rainfall is only about 1" more in Sept than other months. The rain whether a downpour or a gentle rain is usually warm. We were snorkeling during a rainstorm that pelted us while we swam. We were already wet so what does it matter?

So you will get sunny days, rainy days, and days of mixed weather. Just relax and enjoy honeymoon.

Thank you so much for your reply. I most certainly will enjoy it! [emoji3]

The Caribbean is a wide expanse - if some part of it is impacted by a tropical storm, there will be many others not affected. Actually, while September is peak season, most of the time the weather is fine. If a storm does materialize, you may be closer to Cozumel than St. Maarten on your wedding day - but to the extent you are getting married on the ship, the identity of the nearby islands should be of secondary concern.

The Caribbean is a wide expanse - if some part of it is impacted by a tropical storm, there will be many others not affected. Actually, while September is peak season, most of the time the weather is fine. If a storm does materialize, you may be closer to Cozumel than St. Maarten on your wedding day - but to the extent you are getting married on the ship, the identity of the nearby islands should be of secondary concern.

We are getting married on the ship, but I was more concerned with the port stops since we would like to visit some places and not stay on the ship for our 8 day cruise. I've only ever cruised in April/May and it didn't even occur to me that we may be cruising during peak hurricane season in September. I know the chances are slim, and we can make due at whatever port they divert us to - but I'm a worrier by nature and it gets me every time. [emoji13]

Edited by LittleLotero

I'm British, from Liverpool, and totally unused to extremes of weather. It's a major deal to us if we get a bit of snow in winter and a week or two of hot sun in summer! But I'd rather be on a cruise ship if a tropical storm or hurricane is brewing instead of being land based. A ship can simply sail out of the way. We were on holiday in Cuba a few years ago when a storm hit. Locals took it in their stride, we were gibbering wrecks!