Liberty of the Seas May29th-June 5th 2016 review

Can you tell me if they have flavored creamer in Windjammer? I can bring the little to-go pods if necessary.

i was on same sailing they had half and half and international delight pods "hazelnut"

Edited by ceistre

Can you tell me if they have flavored creamer in Windjammer? I can bring the little to-go pods if necessary.

They have a lite creamer and a half & half. I haven't seen flavored creamers this week.

Sorry that I haven't gotten this review complete yet. I have been so busy and was out of town again this last weekend. So here it goes for day 3.

Day three found us in Cozumel bright and early. It was hard getting our daughter out of bed (as always). She is a night owl like myself. The husband and I headed down to the Windjammer for some breakfast and brought our daughter hers when we were done eating. Yeah this created a monster, and this is what we did the remainder of the cruise. She decided that she would much rather have her breakfast on the balcony than in the Windjammer. Lol! This was our 4th time in Cozumel and like always we spent it shopping. We bought lots of things to bring home for our older kids, made a stop at Caraloha and bought a few items and ordered some bath towels. These are seriously the softest things I have ever felt. I also got my usual bottle of Mexican Vanilla. I can't ever seem to visit Cozumel with out getting some. We also stopped into Starbucks since my daughter thought that no trip would be complete without it. Then we made a stop for our typical lunch at Margaritaville. This was a hopping place as always with lots of music, games and entertainment. It was funny because our daughter was convinced that we were going to let her have a real strawberry daiquiri. Lol! She ended up with a virgin margarita instead. After we got done with lunch, we headed back to the ship. Once we got back to the ship, we dropped of our daughter at AO (per her request) and the hubby and I headed down to the pool. Some cold drinks and a dip in the pool were just what we needed. By the time we picked her up from AO the wind had picked up considerably. The hubby and our daughter decided to take in a round of mini golf while I found some shade and a deck chair to relax and watch. Normally I would have joined them, but since my hair was not pulled back and it tangles really easily, I decided to just watch instead. When we got back to our room that evening before dinner, there was a gift certificate for my daughter for $50 towards a full facial or a full body massage. It was for her birthday. I thought this was rather odd given that she is only 11 years old. I spoke with one of the ladies from the spa and was told that she could just use it towards a mani/pedi but was then later told that she couldn't. I was also told that due to her age that she couldn't get the facial either, but with my signed consent that she could get a massage. She was pretty excited about it so we decided that she could get the massage, and the sweet hubby booked me the Spatopia package as well for the next day. That night in the MDR I got the Cilantro crusted cod loin. This was by far one of the best dishe I've ever had on a cruise. I was expecting some fishy taste, but there was none. The curry sauce was so delicious. By this night our table mates (who we had run into multiple times on the ship by now), were just like old friends. Their oldest son had already introduced us to several different drinks and it was so fun to see the different drinks that would show up at our table each night. The assistant waiter already knew our favorites and would get them quite quickly,but we always managed to throw him off now and then with a new one. The dad had a new joke for us every night or "bad jokes" as he would call them. The mom was super friendly and happy, and the youngest son was an easy going fun guy to be around as well. I think my daughter was crushing on him. Lol! After dinner, we spent a little more time walking around and looking at things and mingling and then called it a night.

Oh I'm not sure if I already mentioned this or not, but our room attendant wasn't to bad. He knew us on first name basis by the second day so that was awesome. On most days though he would come in the mornings before we had already left the room, apologize and then just come back later. In the evenings he would usually drop by our cruise compass early instead of leaving it in our room at turn down. We did end up with 3 towel animals instead of the two we got last year. My daughter got a kick out of them. There were two mornings that he never even turned the sofa bed back into a sofa, so not sure why that was, but oh well. He was always very friendly and one evening we had a nice long chat and learned a little about him and his family. I love finding out where everyone is from and always make it a point to read their name tags to see their name (even if I can't pronounce it) and where they are from. I kind of felt bad for the people down the hall from us as their room attendant wasn't friendly at all. I would always greet him when we passed in the hall and usually didn't get so much as mumble that made no sense at all.

And one more note. I have come to the conclusion now that it has been a week since we have gotten home, that I don't remember what all I ate on which nights. I tried to take pics of everything, but sometimes I forgot until it was to late. Going back and looking at the menus, here is what I know I had (in no particular order), just can't always recall what days.

*Mojo marinated grilled pork chop - as I mentioned earlier, the flavor was great but it was a little on the dry side.

*Royal Shrimp Cocktail - not much to say about this, just your typical shrimp cocktail.

*Simple and Classic Caesar Salad - it was pretty good but in my opinion it had to much dressing on it.

*BBB Creme Brûlée - As always, this is my all time favorite dessert and I would have gladly had this every night. Small confession there were two nights that I had two of them. Lol!

*Blueberry peach crumble - I didn't get this but snuck a few bites of my daughters and it was very delicious!

*Sugar Free Strawberry Charlotte - this wasn't to bad, but it wasn't very flavorful.

*Bittersweet Chocolate Souffle - This was really good. It was light, not to rich and the espresso sauce was really good and tied it all together perfectly.

*Bay Scallop Gratin - This was amazing. So full of flavor. The only complaint (if you can call it that) is that I wish they would have served it with 2 bread sticks instead of one. I didn't have enough bread to soak up all the buttery goodness. Lol!

*Carved Filet of Beef Tenderloin - This was so delicious. Perfectly cooked, tender and full of flavor.

*Conchiglioni Pasta - This wasn't to bad but it seemed a little on the dry side. It would have been much better if it had more sauce.

*Garlic Tiger Shrimp - I loved this dish

*Caprese Salad - not to bad

*Dessert Sampler- I only ordered this one ONLY for the Flourless Chocolate Cake, and since I raved about this so much from day one, our waiter brought a plate full of nothing but that and not the others that are on the sampler. I was in heaven!

*Royal Seafood Salad - This was quite delicious.

* Fisherman's Plate - Nothing better than some lobster tail (My daughter ate 5 tails).

*French Onion Soup - this was really pretty good, but the bread that was in it was a little tough and hard to cut through, especially with all the cheese on it.

*Rigatoni Pasta - I thought this was a fairly good dish but it lacked some flavor. It might have been more that it just didn't hit the spot for what I was in the mood for that night, but not to sure. This is the only meal that I got that I didn't finish.

Well that's it for day 3

1363013558_LOTSMay2016viewoffthebalcony.jpg.a66ce020385d8c4ba5a25e40f8424ff2.jpg

753420017_LOTSMay2016day3Kenbreakfastonthebalcony.jpg.5d5842f7acbaff5377fea481a3629167.jpg

372472326_LOTSMay2016MelandKennaatMargaritaville.jpg.34d153aeae6478231f44d8440c0fe335.jpg

1794177462_LOTSmay2016cozumelbacktotheship.jpg.099963345563ae058ea47e8a104a230f.jpg

1343115858_LOTSMay2016Cozumelshipaft.jpg.7e664458ab4bdb193ed948682c43c144.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Both my dad and my son have a birthday that falls the week we are on the cruise. How did you let the cruise line know it was your daughters birthday? Did you have to buy a birthday cake or is the cheesecake provided? My dads birthday is the night before we cruise but I want to celebrate at dinner on embarkation day. Did you get room decorations?