Transfer bench for tub/shower

I have an upcoming cruise in a cabin category that only offers a combined tub/shower. I know I cannot step over the tub into the shower (did not have that problem when we booked). Has anyone ever requested and gotten a tub transfer bench loaned to them from the cruise line to get into the shower? Has anyone brought their own?

You need to contact the Special Needs Dept. for the cruise line. Generally speaking most cruise lines will supply a shower seat free of charge but whether or not the cruise line can provide a transfer bench is the big concern. It's been reported in past that when a transfer bench was requested it was actually only a shower seat which did not fit the tub properly and was totally useless.

Yes you can bring your own transfer bench.

Edited by xxoocruiser

You need to contact the Special Needs Dept. for the cruise line. Generally speaking most cruise lines will supply a shower seat free of charge but whether or not the cruise line can provide a transfer bench is the big concern. It's been reported in past that when a transfer bench was requested it was actually only a shower seat which did not fit the tub properly and was totally useless.

Yes you can bring your own transfer bench.

Thank you so much. I am afraid a transfer bench would not work even if I brought one because the bathroom floor is nowhere near level with the tub floor.

I do better with a transfer bench but when one is not available this is what I do. I request a shower chair and place it outside the tub. I sit on the chair and then put one leg into the tub. I stand up and my husband puts the chair into the tub so I can sit down and then lift my second leg into the tub. This would not work if my husband was not with me. I really prefer to reserve an accessible room or at least one with a shower and not a tub.

So sorry you were poorly advised in booking a non-wheelchair accessible cabin. I have never seen anything available from a cruise line other than a shower stool, never a tub slider or transfer bench. You could purchase and take one with you with the hopes that it will actually fit in the tiny bathroom, but can you also handle the 5-6 inch step up into the bathroom? It sounds like you really need a cabin with a roll-in shower, but unlikely one is available unless you book far ahead.