Email from AARP to confirm gift card purchase

kasil

I purchased a few AARP gift cards a few days ago. Today I received an email with a phone number to call to confirm the purchase. Is this routine? The email stated that the order would be cancelled if not confirmed in 72 hours. Thanks.

I purchased a few AARP gift cards a few days ago. Today I received an email with a phone number to call to confirm the purchase. Is this routine? The email stated that the order would be cancelled if not confirmed in 72 hours. Thanks.

Yes, I got that email the first time I made a large purchase. After that, I haven't, so it must be for some initial verification. They wanted to verify my delivery address. Every time I've gotten a $500 card or more, they were delivered signature required.

I just made 2 seperate purchase of gift cards through Verizon and got this same email yesterday. Gave the representative a bit of a hard time. They wanted me to confirm address, phone and verify that I was the one that made the purchase. I told him I suspected a phishing scam and was a bit rude when first speaking with him but was convinced it was a legitimate procedure. Apparently gift cards are used by unscrupulous people too.

Me too. First purchase got the email and had to call. Since than haven't had to do that. Cards are just sent now.

I had to do that when I got a $500 one. They said one for that amount must be signed for so needed to confirm the purchase and also mailing address (good thing-I changed from my home address to office address).

I called and it was just to confirm the shipping address and make sure that I understood that it would need a signature because of the amount. I may not be home when it gets delivered, and the customer service rep. said that they should leave a note with info on how to get it. I work part time so using my work address won't work. Otherwise, that's a good idea.

For me hit or miss. sometimes get a email some times not. The amount doesn't seem to matter. When I order I just watch for a email. I wish that was on the site so you would know ahead of time. but the cards work great.