Rotterdam

Hard to explain but the port is about 2 miles south of the main part of the city. But we never thought it was very walkable (it seems further). It is possible to walk to the

Wilhelminaplein metro station in about 10-15 minutes...and then use the Metro to get over to the main part of the city. I recall there is also at least one local bus line that stops near the port, but since we never used it....we do not have the info. A lot of cruisers simply share a taxi (less then 20€ for the entire cab) to get into the city.

DW and I spent a couple of nights in Rotterdam...and were not overly impressed with the city as a tourist place. We do recommend taking the train to nearby Delft...which is an absolutely charming town.

Hank

Hi Ine, Please feel free to correct my post...if not accurate. Is that docking area not near the Wilhelminaplein metro station? Would not want to mislead anyone :).

Hank

P.S. Hoping to see you early next year

Hi Ine, Please feel free to correct my post...if not accurate. Is that docking area not near the Wilhelminaplein metro station? Would not want to mislead anyone :).

Hank

P.S. Hoping to see you early next year

Yes it is near, but not on Wilhelminakade itself. It closer to the white Erasmusbridge, a good 5 minutes walk. Stops for tram as well as metro.

PS we have some changes in plans, will mail you.

Edited by Ine