Here's an Idea - Save Money in Europe Using Daily Deal Sites

I'm going on a Med cruise next month and was thinking about saving some money . We are going to be sailing from Barcelona , arriving 3 days early . I decided to see if Groupon exists there . Boy does it ever . I had already book-marked a particular restaurant near our hotel based on TripAdvisor reviews . Amazingly there was a great deal for this place . Now I looking at other deals for Barcelona and for our port stops .

Downside is these sites are in their native languages but the Google translate works pretty well . I used PayPal and their conversion is actually not bad . There are restaurants , museums , private beach passes and other deals listed .

I haven't seen this tip before so I thought I'd pass it on .

Two problems. Groupon Lisbon shut down. Groupon Barcelona requires a Spanish address.

Here is the link to Spains Groupon . I bought a coupon to Dòmino Bar which has good reviews and is near my hotel .

https://www.groupon.es

I signed up using my Facebook account and used PayPal to pay thus giving me another layer of protection .

A bigger problem is that Groupon deals are... well lets just say that they are cheap for a reason.
I'll let you know .;) I agree that many of the deals on these daily deal sites are no " deal " .

I am just sharing an idea . No one is obliged to use it . :D

The French Groupon site is also extensive .

Edited by richstowe