Fire resistant crafting items for door decorations?

I don't think there are any. I was checking also and didn't find them. I think it's Carnival's way of saying you can't decorate your door without actually saying it.

We always decorate our door, nothing crazy just a couple of cut outs. I'm going to put them up anyway and if they take them down, so be it.

Those little card stock cutouts are not going to have any effect if there is a fire. All the furniture, bedding and drapes will do the job just fine.

• Like 1

What kinds of items or crafting items are considered fire resistant for door deco? Not much info on it anywhere.

If you use commercially made store bought items, you'll be alright. There's an almost zero percent chance that the cabin steward or any other staff member is going to test your decorations to see if they're fire retardant. Follow Carnival's guidelines. Decorate only the door, and not the walls, ceiling, etc. Keep it simple. If, God forbid, the ship is engulfed in flames, do you really think anyone's going to worry about whether or not the damage would be less if your door decorations were fire retardant? Keep in mind, there is a difference between "fire retardant" and "fire proof". Too many people are getting those two terms mixed up, and it's causing a lot of confusion.

Edited by beachbum53

If you use commercially made store bought items, you'll be alright. There's an almost zero percent chance that the cabin steward or any other staff member is going to test your decorations to see if they're fire retardant. Follow Carnival's guidelines. Decorate only the door, and not the walls, ceiling, etc. Keep it simple. If, God forbid, the ship is engulfed in flames, do you really think anyone's going to worry about whether or not the damage would be less if your door decorations were fire retardant? Keep in mind, there is a difference between "fire retardant" and "fire proof". Too many people are getting those two terms mixed up, and it's causing a lot of confusion.

I think the worry is not damage, but contributing to the fire. However, as you said, if the fire gets to the door, a piece of paper or few is not going to make a difference (unless it gets blown down the hall while still on fire and starts another fire).

Will have to let the girls figure out what they want to do. I'm sure it'll be something geeky if they want anything on the door.

Well thank you for your replies never did it before on a cruise just wanted to make it a little suprise for my sons birthday..nothing too crazy just minimal, guess I am overthinking it. I have to agree there are so many other things on the ship to cause a fire..sounds like it's a door issue, going to try with command..if they take it oh well then. They are decorating the inside ON his birthday.

We did that for my daughter when she turned 14. There was the door, and then the dining staff. And then one of her circle C friends found out about it as well, and they helped as well!

Google "NKOTB cruise door decorations" and you'll see why they had to start making rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Wow! I wonder if there are any "step by step" instructions for some of those. The 3D ones look intricate and it could make the door "hanging tough" to do.

I need coffee

Google "NKOTB cruise door decorations" and you'll see why they had to start making rules.

That was a special cruise that included a door decorating contest, so yeah, everyone went crazy with it. But on your everyday cruise, this is not the case.

You may be right though, it might be why the made the rule.

I would rather Carnival just give us the real reason rather than insulting everyone's intelligence by saying it's a fire hazard.:rolleyes:

• 9 months later...

I was very surprised to see that- on our recent Splendor cruise- many cabin doors in our hallway had decorations on them - ranging from whiteboards, full door plastic coverings, balloons, signs, etc. They definitely were flamable. No one bothered the occupants of the cabins to take them down.