Carnival Vista and blank space on floor plan

So just looking at where our room is located on the map and we are in a Deluxe Family Room 2474, but looking at the map there is a think strip of space next to it. Does anyone know what this is? We just got off the conquest and learned the hard way what all the blank gray space was in the middle :) luckily had my white noise with me but that first night lots of banging from the galley as they were getting stuff put away for the week. :eek:

We were in 2458 and I never actually walked any further down the hall. Well, I did poke my head in 2462 the morning we disembarked looking for our steward to give him some cash.

But, it's been my experience (this was Carnival #25 for me) that those white spaces are usually linen closets, so there could be some banging around. I'm typically up early so it isn't an issue for me, but for people who want to sleep in, it might.

We know it isn't the crew stairwell, because that's clearly marked on the deck plans, so I'd bet on the linen closet.

We were in 2458 and I never actually walked any further down the hall. Well, I did poke my head in 2462 the morning we disembarked looking for our steward to give him some cash.

But, it's been my experience (this was Carnival #25 for me) that those white spaces are usually linen closets, so there could be some banging around. I'm typically up early so it isn't an issue for me, but for people who want to sleep in, it might.

We know it isn't the crew stairwell, because that's clearly marked on the deck plans, so I'd bet on the linen closet.

Thanks :) I didn't think about it until after this past trip. It wasn't that bad except that first night but that was the entire crew galley area and so lots of noise there. The white noise app on my phone worked great. But it also could have been that this was the worst ship I have been on for thin walls, we could hear everything. And when I say that I mean it, my sister got to hear a little to much from a cabin near her when going to her room one night :eek:

Edited by cruisecraze96

I've sailed Conquest twice (both interior cabins) and never noticed any noise. I also use a white noise app on my phone.

Prior to Vista, I bought this headband thing with little speakers in it because I wanted to use it on the overnight flight to Venice. Turned out I wore it almost every night on the ship after discovering that one of my cabin-mates was a snorer (I'd been assured that this was not the case). I just plugged it into my phone and turned on my white noise.

Got a little warm with the headband on, and it's slightly large for me, but I'm so glad I got it. I can't get earplugs to stay in. Thing about this is you can pull it down so it covers your eyes, too, if, like me, the light seeping in around the curtains wakes you early.

Anyway, it's an option to consider.

So just looking at where our room is located on the map and we are in a Deluxe Family Room 2474, but looking at the map there is a think strip of space next to it. Does anyone know what this is? We just got off the conquest and learned the hard way what all the blank gray space was in the middle :) luckily had my white noise with me but that first night lots of banging from the galley as they were getting stuff put away for the week. :eek:

Not all the "blank space in the middle" is galley or even noisy. Most of it consists of A/C rooms where the noisiest thing is a fan motor, which is pretty similar to your "white noise". With regards to your cabin 2474, that space is most likely either a linen locker where they store the service carts, or a pantry where the stewards get ice or wash the glasses. Neither should be noisy during the night hours.