A few notes from my recent cruise...

jeanie1724

Just got back from the Inspiration 4-day from Long Beach. A few notes:

1) I didn't realize that Your Time Dining also fills up! When I booked, Early Dining was already full so I chose to be wait-listed for it, thinking I'll just choose YTD if I don't get Early (we have two young kids so late dining would be really inconvenient). Once onboard, I find out that Early and YTD are both full! So I put us on waitlists for both. The next day, no message saying we got either so I call the Maitre-D line twice and finally they agree to seat the two of us (I told them our kids would not dine with us) in Early Dining. That really made our cruise!

2) Our kids loved Camp Ocean and loved eating dinner there, which worked out great so that we didn't have to put them through long, boring dinners in the dining room, plus we were able to get Early Dining since it was just the two of us. I loved that my kids loved the kids club so I could enjoy time with my husband and not feel guilty about leaving them there!

3) The Alchemy Bar was awesome! Drinks were tasty, especially the Spicy Chipotle Pineapple martini. Bartenders were great and they had cheese/olives/nuts tray for you to snack on!

4) Tacos/burritos from the Blue Iguana place were delish! I love the salsa bar! Guys Burger Bar was ok, but fries were too greasy. Mushrooms and onions at the toppings bar were nice though. A small snack from the Taste Bar before dinner was great.

5) I might be going through Chocolate Melting Cake withdrawal. Ask for extra ice cream.

6) The Towel Animal Theatre was super cute for kids. And definitely do the Dr. Seuss stuff if you have kids (parade/storytime and Green Eggs & Ham breakfast).

7) June Gloom is real if you're considering a California cruise in early summer. Our tropical vacation was actually kind of cold. Too bad it was too chilly to swim most of the time.

8) We did two days at Disneyland prior to the cruise. It was perfect to have a relaxing cruise after two fabulous but super-tiring days at the parks!

I don't know which I'm looking forward to more - the return of Chocolate Melting Cake to my life, getting to try Guys, or most likely, getting to try the Blue Iguana, again, and again and again....

June Gloom is real. Pushing 100 last weekend, mid 60s and rainy today, pushing 100 next week. May Gray is almost as bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We love the Inspiration! Blue Iguana is amazing! Always get extra ice cream with chocolate melting cake! Glad you took advantage of the kids club. That is the reason we bring our kids, we get to be with them AND we get alone time! Amazing! So glad you had a nice time :).

Just got back from the Inspiration 4-day from Long Beach. A few notes:

1) I didn't realize that Your Time Dining also fills up! When I booked, Early Dining was already full so I chose to be wait-listed for it, thinking I'll just choose YTD if I don't get Early (we have two young kids so late dining would be really inconvenient). Once onboard, I find out that Early and YTD are both full! So I put us on waitlists for both. The next day, no message saying we got either so I call the Maitre-D line twice and finally they agree to seat the two of us (I told them our kids would not dine with us) in Early Dining. That really made our cruise!

2) Our kids loved Camp Ocean and loved eating dinner there, which worked out great so that we didn't have to put them through long, boring dinners in the dining room, plus we were able to get Early Dining since it was just the two of us. I loved that my kids loved the kids club so I could enjoy time with my husband and not feel guilty about leaving them there!

3) The Alchemy Bar was awesome! Drinks were tasty, especially the Spicy Chipotle Pineapple martini. Bartenders were great and they had cheese/olives/nuts tray for you to snack on!

4) Tacos/burritos from the Blue Iguana place were delish! I love the salsa bar! Guys Burger Bar was ok, but fries were too greasy. Mushrooms and onions at the toppings bar were nice though. A small snack from the Taste Bar before dinner was great.

5) I might be going through Chocolate Melting Cake withdrawal. Ask for extra ice cream.

6) The Towel Animal Theatre was super cute for kids. And definitely do the Dr. Seuss stuff if you have kids (parade/storytime and Green Eggs & Ham breakfast).

7) June Gloom is real if you're considering a California cruise in early summer. Our tropical vacation was actually kind of cold. Too bad it was too chilly to swim most of the time.

8) We did two days at Disneyland prior to the cruise. It was perfect to have a relaxing cruise after two fabulous but super-tiring days at the parks!

Love the chocolate melting cake and Guy's! I didn't notice that the fries were greasy...I just topped them with the items from the the topping bar! Yum!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going in September to Remember to celebrate my 50th birthday (never heard of June Gloom and May Gray, but those are more my type of weather). Where do I get this chocolate melting cake? Is it at the ice cream place?

Someone said I might be able to get sushi at the Taste Bar. What other items were seen there? And in general, what hours is it open?

Can't wait to try Guy's Burgers (despite the grease) and Blue Iguana.

Thanks for sharing!

I'm going in September to Remember to celebrate my 50th birthday (never heard of June Gloom and May Gray, but those are more my type of weather). Where do I get this chocolate melting cake? Is it at the ice cream place?

Someone said I might be able to get sushi at the Taste Bar. What other items were seen there? And in general, what hours is it open?

Can't wait to try Guy's Burgers (despite the grease) and Blue Iguana.

Thanks for sharing!

Happy 50th birthday! The chocolate melting cake is available as a dessert in the main dining room each night (it is one of their signature desserts). Remember you can order more than one dessert if you want to taste one of the others ;). I believe the Taste Bar is open for awhile between 5 and 6pm, check the Fun Times to make sure. I didn't see sushi there, but they change it up each time so I may have missed it. I had a shredded pork "taste" there one night, and a corn fritter thing another night. Have fun on your cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app