Tolls between MCO and Cape Canaveral?

E&B

We're renting a car at MCO and returning it at Cape Canaveral before our upcoming cruise, and then in reverse afterward. Are there tolls along the route? I though I had read something about tolls in FL being cashless and that we'd need a SunPass or something? Is this something that can be provided by the car rental company?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

There are a couple of tolls along the route. Last time we drove it was only a couple of dollars total but things change. There were cash lanes available. Most rental companies can provide for tolls but not sure how much they charge for that.

One thing for sure, do not run the toll without paying it as rental companies will charge you the fine and often a service charge for that as well.

We're renting a car at MCO and returning it at Cape Canaveral before our upcoming cruise, and then in reverse afterward. Are there tolls along the route? I though I had read something about tolls in FL being cashless and that we'd need a SunPass or something? Is this something that can be provided by the car rental company?

We just did a one way car rental from MCO to Cape Canaveral in April, 2016. I think that there were two tolls along the route ($1.00 each if I remember correctly.) Just make sure that you get in the cash line and not the one that requires a transponder. I made sure ahead of time that I had some $1.00 bills and change for the tolls. There is no need to pay the rental car company a fee (expensive waste of money) to use their transponders.

Edited by marys350

Yes, two tolls as others stated.

$1.00 plus $1.00 = $2.00 one-way in tolls.

They have exact change and manned booths (if you need change).

No need to include this in your rental package because you will pay more for no reason

Edited by SteerageJoe

EDIT: I should have paid more attention to your direction as other posters did. MCO to Port Canaveral. However, for others, from PC to Orlando theme park areas, it could be a little different.

Edited by Rhea98

Just decline the SunPass and stay in the far RIGHT lane to pay in cash. Do not go through the SunPass lane on the left.

Depending on your car rental company, you may get a hard sales pitch about this. Unless you are going to South Florida, you do not need one.

different rental companies handle this different .... for some you must "opt in" for others you do nothing and only get charged if you use the service. Around Orlando the major companies do not have transponders in the car anymore. Rather the cars are 'fleet registered' in the toll by plate program and toll services are managed by a third party (not the rental company or the toll road)

see: https://www.sunpass.com/rentalcar

Edited by Capt_BJ