Alpha Alpha Alpha?

We heard the Alpha call many times during one cruise we took in December, average age for that cruise was past retirement since school was in session. Same ship in July, and I don't think we heard it once.

I've never heard Oscar called, thank goodness, but we learned that before the new slide on Liberty was fixed crew called it the Oscar slide...when I asked why, they said the reason it wasn't working right out of drydock was because they couldn't be sure it wouldn't shoot someone over the side. :eek:

On our March cruise on the Liberty, there was an Oscar call. A couple of Spring Breakers decided it would be funny to pull a prank that someone fell overboard. Captain MacDonald was none too pleased and they didn't continue past Roatan.

On our March cruise on the Liberty, there was an Oscar call. A couple of Spring Breakers decided it would be funny to pull a prank that someone fell overboard. Captain MacDonald was none too pleased and they didn't continue past Roatan.

What sail date was that. We were on March 13 and we had to turn around on the way in to roatan because they thought someone went over.

What sail date was that. We were on March 13 and we had to turn around on the way in to roatan because they thought someone went over.

That's the one.

I talked with one of the guys in the gift shops. He's the leader of the Fast Rescue Boat team. They launched that morning.

Alfa = Medical Emergency

Bravo = Fire

Charlie = Security Threat

Oscar = Man Overboard

Hmmmm...If the captain attends a theater show that was exceptionally good, at the end of the show is he allowed to yell Bravo Bravo Bravo? :rolleyes:

Just woke up to this announcement. What does it mean? They gave a cabin number. is this a medical emergency?

Yes, medical emergency. It's not uncommon to hear this call a couple time during a cruise. I've hear the "Bravo" and "Oscar" calls before, too, but only when in port, during an announced crew drill.

Hmmmm...If the captain attends a theater show that was exceptionally good, at the end of the show is he allowed to yell Bravo Bravo Bravo? :rolleyes:

As long as he doesn't do it over the intercom.

Yes, medical emergency. It's not uncommon to hear this call a couple time during a cruise. I've hear the "Bravo" and "Oscar" calls before, too, but only when in port, during an announced crew drill.

Heard the Oscar call one time while the Captain was speaking at the C&A party. Needless to say, that ended his speech.

It was a crew member, he was alive when they got him out of the water, but didn't make it.

I've never heard Oscar called, thank goodness, but we learned that before the new slide on Liberty was fixed crew called it the Oscar slide...when I asked why, they said the reason it wasn't working right out of drydock was because they couldn't be sure it wouldn't shoot someone over the side. :eek:

Ha! That made me laugh....