Vehicle safety while parking at a Port Canaveral Hotel using shuttle service

AACJ

We have just a little more than a month to go for our cruise. We're contemplating two scenarios. One is to stay in a local hotel in Port Canaveral then pay to park at the port. The second is to stay at a local hotel and use the shuttle provided and leave our vehicle at the hotel.

We think we have already picked our hotel with either scenario. My concern is how safe are our vehicles if we left them at the hotel and took the shuttle? Has anyone had any problems with break-ins or vandalism? Is the area where they are parked gated? What kind of security is there? Is there surveillance?

Thanks

We have stayed at Country Inn and Suites many times, parked there and used their shuttle service. We've parked in front, in back and on the side. No issues at all. We try to park near a light post and make sure nothing is visible inside the car, but locked in the trunk if not going on the cruise. We typically clean out the inside of the car before leaving home as well. which helps. We've had absolutely no issues. No dings, door scratches, etc. Once a flock of seagulls (hopefully not squawking 'I Ran' :D ) made use of our clean roof and hood while we were away, but it easily washed off.

We have stayed at Country Inn and Suites many times, parked there and used their shuttle service. We've parked in front, in back and on the side. No issues at all. We try to park near a light post and make sure nothing is visible inside the car, but locked in the trunk if not going on the cruise. We typically clean out the inside of the car before leaving home as well. which helps. We've had absolutely no issues. No dings, door scratches, etc. Once a flock of seagulls (hopefully not squawking 'I Ran' :D ) made use of our clean roof and hood while we were away, but it easily washed off.

Good to hear! This is close to the hotel we are thinking about. Understand about the "flock of seagulls." ;)

Thanks for the reply.

typically this is not a high crime area and there have not been many problems reported

however .... recently there was a rash of car break ins at local hotels which pointed out a couple of things - the hotels had no security or cameras and people ignore car alarms going off at night ... the places that were hit were close to the major roads. Guesses were these locations were picked for quick get away .... these were smash and grab break ins ... windows smashed out .... had to be plenty of noise but . . . .

port parking is patrolled and locked when not "active" for ship movements. The primary off site parking places DO have cameras and are fenced and again only open when ships are comin and goin ....

just putting it all on the table . . .

Edited by Capt_BJ

Or you could stay at one of the hotels that has the port parking coupon for 40 percent off ... It's a win - win. You can park at the port for much cheaper rates and not have to deal with a shuttle.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Or you could stay at one of the hotels that has the port parking coupon for 40 percent off ... It's a win - win. You can park at the port for much cheaper rates and not have to deal with a shuttle.

I agree, a win - win. This is what we will end up doing. Found a GREAT rate that we couldn't pass up at one of these hotels. And I don't know that I want to deal with a shuttle. Probably have too many time constraints/requirements.

We have done that for the last several cruises out of Port Canaveral. The hotel where we usually stay has upped their rates though. We will probably have 2 cars this next trip and we were hoping to leave one at the hotel and get the discount for the 2nd but they don't have any of the park and cruise packages left. Is there a hotel other than the LQ?

We have done that for the last several cruises out of Port Canaveral. The hotel where we usually stay has upped their rates though. We will probably have 2 cars this next trip and we were hoping to leave one at the hotel and get the discount for the 2nd but they don't have any of the park and cruise packages left. Is there a hotel other than the LQ?

The 40% discount hotels are marked in red on this map - http://cruiseportcanaveral.us/maps/

We just got back from our cruise and stayed at the Best Western. It was very easy ... they gave us the port parking coupon when we checked out and presented it at the port. No problems, and it was so nice to walk right out to the car, load up and be on our way. The Best Western was nice too. Hotel is a bit aged but it's beachfront, clean, right across from the Publix and included breakfast.