Ruby-minisuites on Dolphin covered balconies?

TW6cruiser

my first cruise on princess was in a mini on dolphin deck. i hated it because most days i would find all kinds of trash on my balcony thrown by people from the three decks above. i found happyness with a mini on emerald deck, which are all covered, and never looked back. i always book e729 or e731 depending on the ship and it's great!

my first cruise on princess was in a mini on dolphin deck. i hated it because most days i would find all kinds of trash on my balcony thrown by people from the three decks above. i found happyness with a mini on emerald deck, which are all covered, and never looked back. i always book e729 or e731 depending on the ship and it's great!

We had exactly the same experience on our first cruise in a mini on

Dolphin deck last year. We vowed never again. It was a deal breaker for us. Our next cruise in a mini is E721 with a covered veranda on Emerald deck. We will be much happier there.

Now I am worried. We booked dolphin deck becUse princess told me the balconies were partially covered. I just went out to princess to check out the emerald deck, and it shows every category on our voyage as SOLD OUT! I wonder what that means......

It means that the covered verandas on Emerald deck are the most popular.

We were in D215, here is a walk through of the room (skip to 1:50 if you just want to see the uncovered balcony):

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

I didn't have any issue with it being fully exposed except in Ketchikan when it was raining sideways and I couldn't go outside. Got one of my favorite pics of the whole cruise from our balcony though...

100_0471.jpg.15a307d4066e7ed75cd063e01131b3b7.jpg

there are only 12 to 14 mini-suites, at the aft of the deck, on emerald deck depending on the ship. i book e729 or e731 depending on the ship. and that's why if i can't book that cabin, i won't go! those cabins have extra large balconies, that's why they go so fast. they are really worth the wait to be in them after booking so far in advance. i'm sure many other people do the same thing. always check for cancellations though. people cancel for all sorts of reasons. if you're booking through a travel agent, maybe you could mention to them to keep looking for a mini on emerald deck for you. and trust me, the covered balconies do have lots of sun depending on which side of the ship you are on and the direction the ship is going. but it's nice to also have shade and protection from the rain, if necessary.

Edited by USC Adventurer