Question for those recently returned from Escape

BuckeyeFan03

We are getting ready for a family trip on the Escape in July. For those of you who have recently returned, what were the average evening temps out on the deck? Was it warm/comfortable/chilly to sit out on the Waterfront in the evening?

Thanks!

We are getting ready for a family trip on the Escape in July. For those of you who have recently returned, what were the average evening temps out on the deck? Was it warm/comfortable/chilly to sit out on the Waterfront in the evening?

We were on in mid-May. It was actually a bit too warm and humid for us to sit outside for dinner. That being said, we are not warm weather people. We also had a couple of nights of very strong winds. It was find to be outside at walking along the waterfront or grabbing a drink, but decided to eat inside each night. Definitely not chilly.

Edited by BirdTravels

It will be in the 80's in the evenings and probably very humid. Late evening you'll have people sitting at the bars on the waterfront. It's certainly not chilly! Sometimes people are dining out there earlier in the evening, but it's easy to get a table since most prefer being inside in air conditioning to dine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'd still pack a cardigan or wrap or two. I'm *always* cold indoors - it might be going in and out from 80+ degrees and then back to air conditioning, but I wouldnt go on a cruise without a light cover up of sorts - or jeans!

I'd still pack a cardigan or wrap or two. I'm *always* cold indoors - it might be going in and out from 80+ degrees and then back to air conditioning, but I wouldnt go on a cruise without a light cover up of sorts - or jeans!

Great advice - I'm always cold inside too and it seems worse in the summer with all the AC running.

Just got off the Escape, and if I recall correctly the high temps were around 83 degrees and low around 75 degrees. Always humid. Will rain periodically for a few minutes and clear up. We didn't need rain jacket or anything for the excursions. In fact, I never wore any long sleeves even though I brought them and mainly relied on shorts unless going to Manhattan room or specialty restaurant (but shorts are acceptable there too unless you want to sit inside Le Bistro). I don't think my wife wore long sleeves either. I'm from Ohio and also a Buckeye fan! :)