Balcony Prices Have Increased Dramatically

What time frame and is the $1,400 for a couple inclusive of fees. seems lower than most of my past prices, but AOS is typically a discounted ship.

Yes, I was giving a "best case" scenario. Adventure in January or February of the last few years in a balcony with $250 discount. I could always book these for about $700 pp. Not any more!

I find this an interesting thread and it confirms something I started to notice 2 or 3 cruises ago.

If you know my screen name, you know I have ZERO problem with RCI (or any line) charging what it can so this is not a criticism. However, I have mentioned in my last two reviews that between price increases and service cuts, the on shore all inclusives are now at least in my ballgame. Prior to 2016 that was never the case. I prefer moving around and I'm not a beach person so cruises have been my standard choice.

I guess my take is that RCI is perfectly free to get the most return. It is my choice whether or not they get it from me. I'm OK with that.

Edited by JohnGaltny

Exactly. I am watching a few cruises and wrote the prices down. When the new "free nights" pricing came out, I looked again and the prices are the same or higher. Some sale!M

I repriced my 2017 Allure cruise with "two nights free" and the price was several hundred higher than my original booking price.

Talk about price increases...try checking out Alaska bookings!! :eek:

Four years ago we booked the exact same cabin as we booked for this year,

but pricing has more than doubled. Was hoping for price decrease later,

since we booked so early to get cabin choice, but price never went down

and in fact went up even through final payment.

Supply and demand for sure. Somebody has to pay for those glitzy new

ships coming on board!! :eek:

Tell me about it! We are currently on Radiance and to cruise the same week in a JS would cost us about $2500 more than it's costing us this year. And this year cost about $2500 more than the year before. So we won't be sailing on RCI to Alaska next season unless there's a last minute deal the way there was this year.

You sound bitter..

Perhaps we just enjoy Royal Caribbean. Even without my "points privileges", my family and myself would still sail Royal.. Yes, I LIKE their product...

I used to love their product. I still love the crew. But the constant exhortations onboard to spend more money are wearing me down, as are the reduced amenities and the deteriorating condition of the ship (speaking only of Radiance, who just came out of drydock looking just as worn out as when she went in) have me looking at other lines. I'll go for a lower price over my beloved crew (up to a point, anyway).

We 'missed the boat' - we are in the UK but over a month ago was given a decent price from a US travel agent. We didn't make a commitment, unfortunately, and now the price of a balcony is exhorbitantly priced at over £2000 each, which we cannot justify, as obviously this is without air fares.

And obviously the £ has dropped due to the EU situation.

Don't even think there will be any price drops after final payment!