Right cruise for us adults only?

Ships out of Oz are limited as far as being kid free. If you are in your 40's but act younger, you probably really are better off just going on a Carnival or RCI ship and sticking to the adult only areas, as these ships will offer more in the way of fun for younger people. Other lines such as celebrity or princess are much more likely to have the majority of passengers over 55 which might not be to your liking.

Ships out of Oz are limited as far as being kid free. If you are in your 40's but act younger, you probably really are better off just going on a Carnival or RCI ship and sticking to the adult only areas, as these ships will offer more in the way of fun for younger people. Other lines such as celebrity or princess are much more likely to have the majority of passengers over 55 which might not be to your liking.

Any thoughts on which ones have the best/most adults only areas? I loved Oasis on P&Os Eden, shame the food was inedible. Voyager of the Seas didn't have enough bars and they all had kids in them, also the Adults pool had only about 10 chairs in the sun and whole area was enclosed and not appealing to me anyway.

Do any of the other RCI ships or Carnival ships have great Adult only pool areas and all day Adult only bars?

Any thoughts on which ones have the best/most adults only areas? I loved Oasis on P&Os Eden, shame the food was inedible. Voyager of the Seas didn't have enough bars and they all had kids in them, also the Adults pool had only about 10 chairs in the sun and whole area was enclosed and not appealing to me anyway.

Do any of the other RCI ships or Carnival ships have great Adult only pool areas and all day Adult only bars?

It really is a hard one to answer as there is no exact fit for what you are after. Both the Carnival Spirit and Legend are probably best for you. Now, they will have a lot of kids, but they both have a great outdoor pool area at the back that is adults only & open to the elements that you desire. You will find plenty of deck chairs, half shells and cabanas there. Carnival also has late night adults only comedy shows thus providing more of a chance to have a drink without kids around. The RCI Explorer is pretty much identical to the Voyager but does not attract as much kids because it does not have dreamworks. Nor does the Radiance but I haven't been on that.

Other than these you could research some of the more expensive ships that will be visiting Australia as part of world cruises where you might be able to pick up a small segment. I think last season P&O UK had an adults only ship visit for a couple of weeks.

The Princess ships also operate a similar "sanctuary", though to a better standard. Better priced than Celebrity, especially as gratuities are included. Although age group outside holiday cruises does skew older, with matching activities. Though no worse than Arcadia as you mentioned earlier.