Royal Caribbean complaint

Try posting on their Facebook page. Did that last year when we'd booked inside on Anthem and price dropped so much that balcony was then cheaper than what we'd paid for the inside. Got phone call saying they couldn't do anything but gave me USD 100 OBC then about week later upgraded us to a balcony.

Was this booking made in the UK. If so, you are very fortunate. Most people who try to get a better deal because the price has dropped are just given the brush off.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I've totally been given brush off. Email today states" Internal review" but no cabin upgrade or obc nothing! I am going to either book last minute nxt time rather than this book early nonsense or getting myself an American travel agent. Fed up with being treated like poor relation.

Was this booking made in the UK. If so, you are very fortunate. Most people who try to get a better deal because the price has dropped are just given the brush off.

Yes it was booked in UK. Do consider we were extremely lucky. We are Diamond Plus so don't know if that had any bearing.

Yes it was booked in UK. Do consider we were extremely lucky. We are Diamond Plus so don't know if that had any bearing.

I'd haste to say it must be your D+ status as UK folk generally get nowhere. It is mind boggling how they can treat US & UK customers so differently - re late cancellation/change of bookings and keeping OBC etc.

We had some 'issues' on our Nov2015 sailing and it took a few e-mails to come to a completion..and it took about 2-3 wks all in.

If I was the OP I would chase up the matter - and if a TA was involved, and you were a return customer they would want to hold onto, I'd ask the TA to speak to RC. Aren't they meant to have a trade only UK service centre (AFAIK) whereas customers directly are served by the Guatemalan call centre.

We are also Diamond plus. Didn't help at all when we tried to get a price drop. We were not able to get the new price, OBC or an upgrade. It's really not worth pursuing. The rules are the rules and by booking with a UK travel agent we have to accept the conditions of booking. As frustrating and annoying as it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

[quote name=Aladdin22;50301203

If I was the OP I would chase up the matter - and if a TA was involved' date=' and you were a return customer they would want to hold onto, I'd ask the TA to speak to RC. Aren't they meant to have a trade only UK service centre (AFAIK) whereas customers directly are served by the Guatemalan call centre.[/quote]

We did book through a TA and they dealt with our cancellation of the third passenger. the TA rang RC and asked if there was any way we could keep our original cabin and original pricing and deals and was told absolutely not. The TA commented that they thought this was harsh and they were going to take this further up the chain in their company as something they felt as a TA dealing with RC was unfair. Our complaint has been sent to RC direct as TA felt they could do no more.

Still had no reply or even acknowledgement of the recent copy of the email sent to customer services rather than customer relations.

Losing any hope now of a reply or a resolution.

☹️

Hi all

Just to let you know I eventually had a resolution to my complaint.

The reason I had no response from Royal Caribbean was because we booked through a travel agent RC consider we are not their customer "until you board the ship". Which is crazy considering we have booked drinks packages and excursions direct with them!

Therefore we had to send our complaint through our travel agent. So after 2 days of phone call madness between us, our travel agent and RC we have a resolution.

They have moved our sons to a Royal Promenade cabin on deck 8 close to ours. We have kept one lot of onboard credit but lost the other and have a refund of £98!

It's been madness and I am not impressed at all that RC didn't even respond to my emails. It took a phone call and insistence from me that someone listened to my complaint and a very understanding travel agent who spent an awful lot of time ringing RC then relaying information to us, but at last a resolution.

Glad you finally got a resolution.

I have found that when booking in the UK its best to book direct with Royal, that way you get control of your booking, at least they will speak to you if you book direct plus they don't charge credit card fees unlike most Uk agents. Also if you book via a cashback website such as topcashback you get a bit of cashback currently 5.5% so thats a bonus too.

http://www.topcashback.co.uk/royal-caribbean/

We booked a suite gty on a recent cruise and the price dropped within 2 weeks of booking it, I called Royal direct and asked if we could have the new price and almost fell off my chair when they said yes, this was after final payment too. They refunded me £200 back to my card. so sometimes its worth asking.

Also on the 2 occasions I have had issues I e mailed the executive office in Miami mbayley@rccl.com

Obviously Mr Bayley himself doesn't respond but both times I have received phone calls from one of his staff within 3 days of the e mail.

Hope this helps