Tahitian Princess. Need info

der93711

der93711,

We stayed at the Intercontinental Beachcomber for three nights pre-cruise on our 4/7/04 Tahitian Princess trip. It's a great hotel but like everything in Tahiti you should expect high prices. You may want to keep checking the I/C Beachcomber Web site as they will frequently have advance purchase specials. We were able to get a king size ocean view room for 179.00usd per night on a web special. Our friends were in an over water bungalow and they really enjoyed it. If you book the hotel on your own you will then need to deal with princess for an air deviation ($75.00pp) or book your own air. Have a great cruise!!

Sapphire Princess - Coastal

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;6;11;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

hello everyone...

i went on the tahitian princess on the 7/22/03 sailing for my honeymoon. i would be more than happy to answer anyones questions...my email is amgal18@yahoo.com

it was one of the most fabulous trips that i have ever been on!

we did stay a night before in tahiti and 3 nights after on moorea but didn't book through princess....please, email away...i love talking about it!

alison

Jude and laurie,

I just bumped up my review of the March 8th sailing, with our pre and post cruise stays. If there are any other questions, please feel free to ask!

Or let me know, and I can email pics to you. garynitab@comcast.net And whether of MV, sights, or tours, etc.

P.S. I would stay at MV again, in a beachfront bungalow, even though it was sparsely furnished, and looked very plain on the inside. The outside was wonderful!

Nita

For all of you that are trying to book your own hotels and not go through Princess, have your TA check with GoGo Vacations. We had our TA check with all the companies listed in this thread and GoGo had the best prices. We booked 1 night pre-cruise at the Sheraton Tahiti, 2 nights at the Sheraton Moorea (OWB) and 1 room at the IC Beachcomber Tahiti post cruise. The rates were just a bit more than I could book on the internet on my own and I have the peace of mind that I will have a room on my arrival and if they don't have it I will have someone to contact if there are problems.

• 4 months later...

Well it looks like we might see each other. I have been on the grand twice. both great cruises. with friends. both times. This tahitian cruise should be something special. I don't like the smoke thing. It sounds like getting from ship to shore could be a problem. Not sure. Looking forward to a great time. We have been Princess, RCCL, Carnival, Etc. I hope that Princess lives up to her name.

Last time we went we used Princess air with no pre or post cruise stay. This time we have booked our own air, and are staying 3 nights pre cruise at Pension Motu Iti on Moorea and one night post cruise at the Beachcomber on Tahiti. Princess air is usually a good deal but their hotel packges are ridiculous. Do some investigating on the web, http://www.thetahititraveler.com is a great source for info. So is Tahiti Explorer.

One of the complaints I see a lot about the ship is no promenade deck. I'm sure I should know the answer but what about that is the biggest problem or the thing that people don't like about not having that deck.

Planning for 05 or 06 ;)

I feel obligated to answer you because I'm the one who has complained about this and I guess I'm just about the only poster who has ever complained, in general, about the Tahitian Princess. The ship was just not at all to my liking -- though I loved that the ship was small and that we made lots of friends and had a wonderful time with the passengers. The size of the ship contributed to a great atmosphere -- that we thoroughly enjoyed.

If you have never visited the promenade deck that much, then you won't miss it. I have worn grooves in these decks -- during both morning and evening hours. Especially evening hours. I missed it.

The covered promenade decks (7 on Grand and Sun ships) offers peace and quiet and a comfortable (not windy or exposed) place to walk, talk, visit and enjoy the ocean views, sounds etc. Many people sit and read or take naps on the lovely wooden, cushioned deck chairs. The Tahitian offered no such area.

J

Hey Jude.

Don't know if you where on the same ship?? But who needs a special deck to experience paradise!! We leave in 2 weeks for our 4th cruise on the TP in FP. I could look anywhere on any deck or balcony and see one of the most beautiful sights that mankind will ever see on this earth!! Believe me go!!

The Promenade Deck on the Tahitian Princess is on Deck 5. Judy & I were on the 4 to 14 September sailing. The Main Dining Room is on Deck 5 also, and, after dinner, I would go outside to the PROMENADE and walk Forward to the Showroom to see the Production Shows, comedians, etc. :p

You can go on the Promenade Deck on both the Starboard and the Port side. This deck does not go all the way around the ship. I believe that is what MBW 1024 was referring to: not that there is no Promenade, but that it does not go around the forward or aft. It does go all the way from the DR to Showroom on both sides, however. ;)

Judy spent more time in the Pool Area. :cool:

Nana,

hi my husband and i are going on the TP on 10/14/04 for our 30th anniversary. this is our first princess cruise and we can't wait to go! These next 2 weeks will go by slowly, we are so excited, especially after reading the boards. Is there anyone else out there going on this cruise? We would love to hear from you. thanks for all the helpful info on here. susan;)

Hi Susan,

We have a group of us CC folks at this link. This we'll be our 4th cruise on the TP in French Polynesia. You are in for the best vaction!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=2123740#post2123740

Check out some of our prevoius photos at:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gvre/album?.dir=8405&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gvre/my_photos

Keep in touch.

Richard and Debbie

Der

You'll love visiting French Polynesia.

I can shed light on your question from my one and only sailing on this itinerary, this September, on the Tahitian Princess.

We spent one entire sea day sailing to the one Cook Island that the ship visits, Rarotonga. We spent one day there. We spent one entire sea day coming back to the Society Islands (Tahiti and Her Islands).

Normally, I love sea days. Not too much this time.

We just happened to hit a rough patch. The waves tossed us about quite a bit and the weather on Rarotonga wasn't outstanding -- the islanders were wearing fleece vests and jackets on the day we visited -- it wasn't much of a beach day.

I had read as many reviews as I could find of these voyages because I was concerned about motion. The only reports that I ever found about problems with motion came during the Rarotonga portion of this cruise. I hoped for the best and prepared for the worst. Both my husband and I ended up resorting to remedies for motion. Many, many diners were absent from our late dinner seating on the sea day back to the Society Islands. Those that came to the dining room were treated to quite an exciting "womp" that sent the stemware and wine flying -- a sailing first for me.

Thinking back on it, I would opt away from Rarotonga even if you could promise me glass-like water. Maybe I can blame it on being hung-over from the meds but I didn't see anything special or remarkable to warrant the journey out there. I'd rather stay within Tahiti and her islands. The Marquesas are a bit of a jaunt and I don't know how the sea and sailing would be. Supposedly they are less developed -- and that is a lovely thing in itself, I'd think.

Have fun,

J

Archived