Luxury car white pass railroad

duchesslt

My husband is a Train Freak so we did it. Your drinks (regular and alcohol) are included and food (ranch dip and veggies, salmon and crackers things like that. You have a dedicated swivel oversized leather chair to sit in. you have a bathroom to share with only 13 other people. You have a dedicated person who narrates and wits on you. We enjoyed it.

• 3 months later...
My husband is a Train Freak so we did it. Your drinks (regular and alcohol) are included and food (ranch dip and veggies, salmon and crackers things like that. You have a dedicated swivel oversized leather chair to sit in. you have a bathroom to share with only 13 other people. You have a dedicated person who narrates and wits on you. We enjoyed it.

Ahhh, that's the detail I was looking for the BATHROOM situation! :D

It's offered on our NCL visit to Skagway and I'm considering booking since we've got some OBC credit to use it will be a bit less out of pocket. Another question, DH hates salmon (I know, quite a disability on an Alaska cruise!), did the snacks have decent alternate options? And what kinds of beers were there?

Looking at this thread, i think i'd like to upgrade for our party of 4. Sadly, the Excursion currently lists only 3 spots available. Do you think calling Princess and asking about a waitlist would be helpful? I dont want to lose the Regular spots we have already paid for, and we need to remain together.

EDIT: I called Princess, and the answer is No. There is a waitlist, but i would have to purchase the remaining 3 slots now and then wait to see if the 4th person clears. That could be right up until the excursion cancellation period ends.

Meanwhile, our original spots would be up for grabs -- meaning that if we want to travel together (we do), we run the risk of not going at all.

Looks like we need to just sit tight on our 4 regular car slots. Maybe i will monitor the excursion to see if a 4th spot opens, but it seems more likely that the 3 remaining will be taken by other pax in the meantime.

Edited by Ellipooh

So you'll be back in the 2019 season when (steam) Engine #73 is back in service

from Skagway to Fraser Meadows? ::runs and hides:: :halo:

We booked when the steam engine (a Mike) was scheduled in 2010 and sadly got an email a few days prior that she had broken a rod and would be in the shop while we were there.�� :')They substituted a ride with just diesel.

On our way back we passed her and we’re greet with a proper steam grade crossing.:D

To each his own, but even as train fans, that Parlour car looked disappointing. I expected to see restoration, but it looks like they plopped in some modern comfy chairs. Anyone know what the car was originally?

(Here in SoCal we have several Parlour Cars that have been restored.)