Good Morning from South Florida and thanks for taking the time to join us today! I am excited to join Carolyn Spencer Brown on this Q&A, focused primarily on Seven Seas Explorer. I’ll attempt to answer as many questions as possible and if I do not know the answer, I’ll research and post a follow up thread if that’s ok. Carolyn, where would you like to start and thanks very much for this opportunity.

[quote name='xrvlcruiser']Do we just watch this thread to see the answers as Mr Soy replies?

Peggy[/QUOTE]

Hi Peggy,

Looks like Mr Soy has arrived & I'm sure our Editor Carolyn Spencer Brown is here too - I see a post time stamped 11:00am..stay tuned & thank you :)

[quote name='xrvlcruiser']Do we just watch this thread to see the answers as Mr Soy replies?

Peggy[/QUOTE]

Hi Peggy,
This is new for me as well. I'll try and answer the ones already posted and take on new ones as well! Hope you are well and excited about Explorer!

I'm here, have been posting -- fun to team up with Randall and talk all-things-Explorer. I was lucky to get a chance to visit the ship in the yard, in Genoa, gosh, about a month ago and would love to see some up-to-date pics :) as of about today.

We put together a slideshow from the yard, to show what it looked like then, along with renderings that depict what it will like. Fun to see the difference (but then I'm a ship geek and really love shipyards).

What's stuck with me since the trip are a couple of things:

*Did you know that RSSC is building every cabin onboard? That's unheard of -- most ships, even luxury ones, typically only construct from scratch their top suites. They pre-assemble the rest from cabin factories (typically owned by shipyards, fascinating places) and slot them in like Legos.

*The public spaces have really high ceilings and felt like being a grand hotel rather than on a ship.

*Okay, so this is not ship related. But I really got excited after hearing about the new series of culinary-oriented shore excursions....

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown
Editor in Chief
Cruise Critic

Thanks Carolyn. Those special touches that you saw in person are coming together every day. I am especially excited to witness the culinary arts kitchen classes along with the amazing new menus in each of our five restaurants.

Making me hungry here....

Carolyn

[quote name='Randall Soy']Thanks Carolyn. Those special touches that you saw in person are coming together every day. I am especially excited to witness the culinary arts kitchen classes along with the amazing new menus in each of our five restaurants.[/quote]