Binoculars In Signature Suite

tabooma al

We recently read where binoculars are provided for guests in Signature Suites on the P-Dam, which means that's one less item to pack from home.

Has anyone used the HAL provided binoc's, and if so, do you know what size (power) they are?

We are booked on 3 back to back cruises in northern Europe in July/August.

Thanks,

Al Carter

We recently read where binoculars are provided for guests in Signature Suites on the P-Dam, which means that's one less item to pack from home.

Has anyone used the HAL provided binoc's, and if so, do you know what size (power) they are?

We are booked on 3 back to back cruises in northern Europe in July/August.

Thanks,

Al Carter

They were very heavy and the strap was broken. I used the ones I brought more than the one provided. I could never get a good focus. JMHO

They are heavy and quite large, but they definitely do the trick.

I don't remember the magnification - it's o.k. Saves us bringing our own butI know a lot of people prefer to bring their's.

We used the ones provided in our Vista Suite on the Rotterdam this year. They were very good, but heavy. Good for veranda viewing but too heavy to take ashore. Suite also had a large umbrella, not practical for touring.

Karen

We have always used the ones provided in the suite and they work very well. If you have any problem with them, you take them to the concierge and they replace them - which happened twice over the years for us.

harry

On the Maasdam last month they were 10x42. Nikon branded and ok for use on veranda but much too heavy for outside use

That extra weight might be intentional ... .just so we don't take them outside the cabins .... and lose them. :cool:

Thanks to everyone who responded - sounds like the binoc's will work just fine for viewing from the balconies and decks of the ship.

Thanks also to Loreto regarding the comment about umbrellas - I had wondered if they were larger or smaller and now I have my answer!

Great group; appreciate the help!

Al Carter