3 Oceanview Balcony Staterooms vs Royal Family Suite for 7 Oasis of the Seas

We have 7 people traveling together. 1 family of 5 and then another couple. The family of 5 includes 2 twin 17 year old boys and 1 7 year old girl. We have priced getting 3 Balcony ocean view rooms as well as getting 1 Royal Family Suite. The prices are within $1,000 for a 7 night Caribbean cruise on the Oasis of the Seas. Which would you go with, if given the option? On one had, we think we might all like to be separated out more, but on the other hand you get sky class amenities with the suite. We've never done concierge, so we're not sure what all is included with that and whether it would be worth it for us to move. Any insight or personal experiences would be appreciated!

Are the teens social -- do you expect them to take part in alot of activities on board, away from everyone else? That's a lot of time away from the cabin...and those suite perks would be pretty awesome. Nice blend of time away, together in the evenings and perks. Depends on your group...

We are traveling with a group of six -- us, our two teen boys and in-laws -- in 3 balcony cabins. Our motivator was having some alone time for us, and the fact that our boys drive each other bananas and the in-laws also like having their own space. For us, it gives some options for "away time" but if people were willing to bunk together I would do the suite. Hadn't even a suite together...that's something to ponder for another cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by widallas

After looking at a couple videos of the room, I dont think there is enough room for 2 different families. If it was all one big family then I would go for it but really the second couple would be stuck on the couch in the living room. That wouldnt be cool.

Maybe you could get like a grad suite and an inside for the kids and still get your perks. Not sure if the cost would equal out tho

Edited by whitshel

After looking at a couple videos of the room, I dont think there is enough room for 2 different families. If it was all one big family then I would go for it but really the second couple would be stuck on the couch in the living room. That wouldnt be cool.

Maybe you could get like a grad suite and an inside for the kids and still get your perks. Not sure if the cost would equal out tho

Actually, my husband and I are the other couple and we would probably end up with the master bedroom. The 2nd bedroom is the one with the pull down beds and so the other family thought that would work better for them so the 7 year old could sleep in the room with her mom and dad. The twin boys would end up on the pull out couch.....or on the floor.....or in a chair. They're 17, they aren't too picky. For us, I feel like it's not a problem at all. The other family is the one who is worried about them having to be too close to each other!! :p. I believe that we would end up with plenty of room. The suite perks are really what's grabbing me in. Otherwise, it would be a no brainer.