Bridge Tours?

bkluyt

We will be on the Sun in September and are interested in getting a tour of the bridge. Anyone know if NCL does them and how to be part of it? Thanks!!

Bridge tours are rare. Sometimes the Captain will invite the attendees of your roll call. Sometimes suite and VIP guests will be invited. Also, I believe that the Behind the Scenes Tour includes the bridge but there is a cost for this tour. There is also a different Behind the Scenes Tour for platinum cruisers.

Edited by pizzalady1

You will want to check in with the Shore Excursion desk once onboard the ship. Ask specifically about the bridge being part of the tour. Even on the paid tour, there have been occasional reports of the bridge not being part of a given tour from time to time.

We did the tour of the Pearl in Mar. We weren't allowed access to the bridge for "security reasons". We were only able to see the bridge from viewing room, and from what I recall, that was even going to be stopped.

Hopefully it was just our tour and not a set in stone change for all ships.

NCL has stated that security has been greatly increased since the Paris terrorist attacks. On recent behind the scenes tours, we have had ship security watching over the tour groups. And the Bridge has been removed from the tours. Last month on the Escape, we were told that NCL was considering sealing all of the bridge viewing rooms to minimize the potential of unauthorized access through the windows. Tours of the bridge will be very difficult and at the discretion of the Captain.

We will be on the Sun in September and are interested in getting a tour of the bridge. Anyone know if NCL does them and how to be part of it? Thanks!!

Bridge tours are totally at the discretion of the captain. I have been on two, but both were arranged by our concierge when sailing in suites, and limited to invited suites guests.

Both were sometime ago...I have a feeling that we won't see this offered much anymore due to concerns over security.

Bridge tours are totally at the discretion of the captain. I have been on two, but both were arranged by our concierge when sailing in suites, and limited to invited suites guests.

Both were sometime ago...I have a feeling that we won't see this offered much anymore due to concerns over security.

We had one on the Star arranged by the concierge. This was the first time for us as we never asked but thought it would be fun for my old sailor to be on a bridge again.

We had one on the Star arranged by the concierge. This was the first time for us as we never asked but thought it would be fun for my old sailor to be on a bridge again.

FYI-

On Princess they have the Ultimate Ship tour. Pricey, but went

everywhere including the bridge. Small group, like up to 9 guests.

Yes, they have Security officer along, as well as photog.

I've done a couple of those tours on NCL.

Seemed very basic & getting more access limited, like on the bridge.

Versus a really great behind the scenes tour on Princess.

(unless Prin. makes a major change for safety too in the future?)

In the meantime, I would do Princess again, and pass on NCL, unless its free.

We are lucky enough to be Diamond Plus with Royal and we get a bridge tour on every ship we are on.

We just did the bridge tour on the Anthem of the Seas. The tours are very interesting and the views are amazing of course.

Sue