Drink package questions once again...

I'm confused... On the description of the ultimate package on my cruise planner it says:

Our entire stock of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages is yours to choose from. Enjoy virtually unlimited combinations on everything from cocktails with top-shelf spirits to premium teas and every beverage in between.

Then here http://www.******************.com/category/category/unlimited-alcohol-packages there's a picture of a waiver where it says " As a general rule any liquor oc cocktail with a menu price $ 12 or less will be included with the Ultimate and Premium packages (although there might be a few exceptions...). And then "please note this discount is not applicable to beers and spirits which fall outside of the package entitlement."

So, are the cocktails over $ 12 (especially margaritas in Sabor, $13 + grats) included in the Ultimate package? If they're not included, and I know they are not included in the Premium, will they charge me $ 13 + grats or $ 1+ grats??? Are frozen cocktails included in the Premium package?

If I buy the package before hand, let's say Premium for $ 469 (grats included), are there any other charges like taxes added? It doesn't show any on my cruise planner at check out. If I'd wait and buy it onboard, will the grats and possible taxes be added on to the $ 469?

Please help!

I will be sailing on HOTS in January 2017.

If the drink that you want costs more than the maximum $ amount in your package, you will be charge the DIFFERENCE plus 18% of that difference. :)

There are no taxes charged on beverage packages, regardless of when they are purchased. (except in Europe when Spanish VAT taxes may apply)

Edited by Merion_Mom

If the drink that you want costs more than the maximum $ amount in your package, you will be charge the DIFFERENCE plus 18% of that difference. :)

There are no taxes charged on beverage packages, regardless of when they are purchased. (except in Europe when Spanish VAT taxes may apply)

Never knew this. Good to know. On drinks with Souvenir cups, we have always been charged full price. Not normally covered by PP package.

Thanks. What about grats, are they added or included on the onboard package prices? On Harmony the onboard price for Premium is 59 $, does that include gratuities?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

There is an 18% gratuity added regardless if you pre-purchase a package or buy it on board.

I believe when you pre-purchase a drink package online the 18% shows as a 'service fee' in the total

Actually, on cruise planner the gratuities seem to be included, the servige change is $ 0,00. 7 x 57 $= 399 $. So is Premium 69 $ or 57 $ on board?

You will have to wait until you are onboard to be sure as Royal can change pricing on a per sailing basis.